aftermarket oil flexible dipstick tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just an update.

I ordered the Lokar flexible stainless steel dipstick tube with dipstick (LOK-ED-5014). The tube will pass between the engine mount and engine without raising the engine. A little grease on the O ring helped to get it into the oil pan without damaging it. The actual dipstick does not stick out as far into the oil pain as the OEM dipstick in its tube. A separate dipstick (LOK 5062) can be ordered and cut so that it is 1 1/4 inch longer and screwed into the handle that comes with the dipstick tube kit. I made a custom aluminum bracket that measures 8 inches and screws into the block at the same location.

This set-up saved me the hassle of raising the engine again and I now have room for a second battery on the passenger side if I decide to go that route in the future.

I hope this helps someone in the future. I have been raising the engine by pulling the main bolt and leaving the mount on the frame (which has been really easy to get back together). Separating the mount from the motor seems like a big hassle to get back in unless you leave some of the bolts partially threaded in.

Purchased at Summit
LOK-ED-5014 $58.97
LOK 5062 $7.97
And here we are in the future. And here I am in this situation. These part numbers don't seem to line up for this, but I'm going to trust you and run with it. So thank you!

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Follow up. This worked, and I can confirm the 1 1/4 inch measurement.

If it makes it easier, the overall length on the new dipstick winds up being 27 3/4". You cut 3 1/4" off of the new (Lokar 5062) 31" dipstick.

PNW Raptor

Reaction score
This thread is a lifesaver! Checking my oil the other day and the tube broke clean in half. Sealed it shut and ordering these parts today.

I ordered the OEM replacement from Ford but it looks like a pain to install. Funny story, I asked my local dealer to quote me on replacing it while I was having front shocks swapped out last week, they said it was 8 hrs of labor in their books! Lol.

Hoping I'll be able to install this flexible tube myself!

Wrichey

Reaction score
I am new to the forum but have a broken off/pinched dispstick tube and am trying to figure out the routing and mounting of the Lokar tube. Would anyone have any pictures available? Thanks!

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this? My dipstick broke off the other day. Would hate to move the alt and engine mount. Lokar sounds good but I want to make sure it's the same length as the OEM dipstick and dipstick tube.