aftermarket oil flexible dipstick tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonehook

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is an aftermarket flexible dipstick tube compatible with a 2013 raptor? I broke the OEM dipstick tube and squeezing a new one in looks like it is going to be a PITA.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The dipstick tube slides out and is held in by one 10mm bolt. If you could find a stock one it wouldn't be hard to install

OP
OP
Bonehook

Bonehook

Reaction score
Does it slide between the engine mount and the engine? I have long tube headers and just trying to do this with the broken tube was not working too well. I have a new OEM ordered but I'm worried that I'm going to damage it on the install. Any tips would be appreciated.

A flexible tube would be easier.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you get the old one out? It slides down between the middle of the headers.

8uhu9ege.jpgavy7yna6.jpg

It does slide between the engine and the motor mount but idt you should have an issue getting a new one down there and slid into the hole. Maybe an extra hand on the underside to slide it in would help.

I'm not sure how a flexible one works but I'd think not having the rigidity would make it hard to get down in there.

OP
OP
Bonehook

Bonehook

Reaction score
The old one is out. Do you loosen the 3 bolts on the motor mount to give yourself more room? I will need help for sure and daylight. Thanks for the pictures.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The old one is out. Do you loosen the 3 bolts on the motor mount to give yourself more room? I will need help for sure and daylight. Thanks for the pictures.

Hmmm. That's a good question. I'm not sure if you could finagle a new one in there or not. The first step before reattaching the motor mount is to put the dipstick tube back in so it is a possibility. If that's the case, you may be better off going the flexible route. That motor mount was the biggest pain in my ass. Plus you'd have to lift the engine up.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I forgot to put my dipstick tube in when doing my headers. I had to loosen the motor mount and starter to get the tube back in

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

korbendallas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on removing the motor bolts and jacking. Before we did that we had my truck on a lift and I was working on it from the top of the engine while another guy was underneath trying to align it. That damn thing will not fit unless the mount is away from the motor.