Aftermarket mods, will I recoup dollars spent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020LeadFootFL

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've owned a ton of sports cars.

Mods don't help your case. It does not change here. With that being said, who is spending 10-20 thousand on a raptor?

You literally need the following:

Tune - $600
Intercooler - $500
Bumper - used, $1000-$1300, because buying a new bumper is dumb, its steel for Christ sakes
Wheels (same size wheels unless you want to go larger and then do not complain about gas mileage, thanks) $1000
Exhaust - SPD DPs, and your choice of noise bringers ( I run Corsa Xtreme, because I need them to hear me coming) $2000

$5000 give or take, and if you're really smart, you'll install it yourself, but if you have 30 BITCOIN, you wont install it yourself.

View attachment 349429
Going to disagree - what someone "needs" on their truck is highly subjective. But in general, no you will not recoup all of your add-ons unless you find the right private buyer who values everything you did.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure fair. Needs, wants, I'm giving out info that has wiggle room left and right. Op asked if mods do X and I said that mods do not help your case whatsoever.

Then, in my usual fashion, I kept the party going :)

Kyle761

Reaction score
What brands do you recommend? What intercooler do u recommend, etc?
I highly recommend SVC, great parts and excellent customer service and the guys actually off-road. I've only gone to them for about 2 years now. RPG and SDHQ also make some good parts as well. But SVC doesn't have any mall crawlers that come in. Only serious off-roaders. I've been through about 3 other shops that didn't even know that you have to do a lot of trimming to fit 37's. And when I went back to tell them they need to trim cause its rubbing like crazy they said go pound sand pretty much....

belacyrf

Reaction score
You should absolutely NOT "expect" to gain any value for modding your truck. Mods "might" increase your value but will almost "always" decrease your market. In reality, any mods that replace OEM parts become very subjective and drastically reduce the overall market. If you moved down a "purpose built" route .. For Example: Turn your raptor into an Ultra4 capable truck, then your value will go up, but your market will be tiny :D If you throw mods on the car that imply additional wear and tear (ie: ecu tune, turbo upgrades, etc..) a buyer will assume the vehicle is driven hard and will likely reduce your market.

So in the end, just mod b/c you want to, but don't expect to gain much value (if any). In the end, you'd be looking for a buyer who wanted exactly what you did.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I highly recommend SVC, great parts and excellent customer service and the guys actually off-road. I've only gone to them for about 2 years now. RPG and SDHQ also make some good parts as well. But SVC doesn't have any mall crawlers that come in. Only serious off-roaders. I've been through about 3 other shops that didn't even know that you have to do a lot of trimming to fit 37's. And when I went back to tell them they need to trim cause its rubbing like crazy they said go pound sand pretty much....
This is not a knock on SVC, but you don’t think they have had at least one customer come through there that just wanted bling from nice shocks and didn’t use them offroad?

OP
OP
USA

USA

Reaction score
Good to know! Thanks

Blkshp18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my two cents….. just leave it stock unless you’re a serious off-roader. Or as everyone else on here has stated….. get it back to stock before selling. I’m in the process of trying to get all I can for the parts I’m selling. Doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. I’ve lost a lot of money. Learned my lesson ‍♂️.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will you get your money back, no. Will it be worth it? Yes! Women all over will be flashing :boobs: at your hot Raptor.