Aftermarket Lug Nut Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Whats up yall !

Just picked up some Fifteen52 Wheels Traverse HD, was browsing through the forums and ended up ordering

Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 24-Pack) ,

It looks like these might fit the stock wheel ^ given the "Black factory style wheel" in the description so I think these might be the wrong size as they do not fit.

Curious to know what you guys are running on your aftermarket wheels? & if you're able too share links would be super helpful! (+1 if its a full locking system)

thanks yall!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket wheels take a different lug than the OEM wheels. Here's a big thread on it. The McGuard lugs are a higher quality than the Gorrila's. Some guys had swelling issues with their nuts that couldn't be helped with ice. Nobody I've seen has had issues with the McGuard nuts. It's nice having nuts that you can beat on and not have them swell!

If I remember correctly aftermarket wheels take the "conical" nuts, OEM is the "bulge" nuts. It's been 2 years since I paid attention.
PS, I can post a close-up picture of my nuts if you like. :hat:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/lug-nut-choice-gorilla-mcgard-something-else.76734/

OP
OP
VelociBraptorr
Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket wheels take a different lug than the OEM wheels. Here's a big thread on it. The McGuard lugs are a higher quality than the Gorrila's. Some guys had swelling issues with their nuts that couldn't be helped with ice. Nobody I've seen has had issues with the McGuard nuts. It's nice having nuts that you can beat on and not have them swell!

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/lug-nut-choice-gorilla-mcgard-something-else.76734/
Thank you! I'll check this out

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Some guys had swelling issues with their nuts that couldn't be helped with ice. Nobody I've seen has had issues with the McGuard nuts. It's nice having nuts that you can beat on and not have them swell!

giphy (2) (2).gif

OP,
Welcome to FRF. Post some pictures of your truck or we will assume that you just bought wheels for your prius.

OP
OP
VelociBraptorr
Reaction score
View attachment 380020

OP,
Welcome to FRF. Post some pictures of your truck or we will assume that you just bought wheels for your prius.
Here's my new to me 2019! 802A, Recaro pkg

Just installed RC bar & Fogs , & DD SSC2pro Ditch lights Traverse HD 17's just arrived and my Wildpeak AT3W should be here wednesday ! Appreciate all the help on these forums.

Better pictures to come lol

Attachments

• 68982479150__DB57DE14-7894-47A1-802C-ABFA9210CD79.HEIC.jpeg
    68982479150__DB57DE14-7894-47A1-802C-ABFA9210CD79.HEIC.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
VelociBraptorr
Reaction score

McGard 65515BK Black Spline Drive 5 Lug Wheel Installation Kit (M14 x 1.5), 16 Lug Nuts / 4 Locks / 1 Key / 1 Install Tool

+

McGard 65315BK SplineDrive Black Cone Seat Lug Nuts (M14 x 1.5 Thread Size) Set of 4

For anyone that may be wondering in the future - I just purchased these right now on amazon hoping to see if they'll fit the wheels. Will post updates.
(Pack only comes in 20- thus the additional +4)

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So these lugs are 1.648” long, are these the shortest (lowest profile) you can get? Obviously nobody wants longer than necessary as that would be ugly having the lug nuts sit further out than necessary.

I thought that other brands are 1.5”, but could be wrong.

Can you post close up pix of your McGard lugs?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So these lugs are 1.648” long, are these the shortest (lowest profile) you can get? Obviously nobody wants longer than necessary as that would be ugly having the lug nuts sit further out than necessary.

I thought that other brands are 1.5”, but could be wrong.

Can you post close up pix of your McGard lugs?
Seriously? It's a truck. An eighth of an inch longer lug nuts will look bad? Starbucks won't let you into the drive through in such a declasse ride? Sorry about busting your nuts, but you deserve this one.