Aftermarket gauge question, aeroforce interceptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me pull it up and give it a look to make sure I’m not crazy, it was last May since I did my install. I’ll get back with you.

Edit: I stand corrected, you were right on the orange wire & add-a-circuit in the photo (was for the pump). Forgot I’d ordered the add-a-circuit but didn’t need it since I used the 5v adapter. I’ve since remounted the map sensor and sheathed the wire loom at the firewall closer to the grommet where the wires ran through for the gauge. I’d of rather tapped into a source like bsimms89 as I’ve already had one 5v regulator go bad. As for the vacuum/boost port, it’s a 1/8” NPT I ordered from summit with neoprene tubing. I did use the butt connector provided to tap in as well. Some of the instructions were somewhat vague and when I ordered my kit last March I was one of the few to get the Gen3 at the time. By the time I received mine in May and installed it, I’d had it on for less than a week and it seized (rotors shredded), it was replaced free of charge due to a freak assembly issue before it was shipped I was told. I’d already installed billet OPG’s prior to the blower but had a panic attack I’d lost oil pressure as the belt was tight enough when it seized that the motor wouldn’t crank. After the replacement unit and JDM tune it’s been all smiles and no issues for a year now. Mike Malicoat from Whipple was a huge help during the install process with answering my questions. I ordered the stage2 kit and along with new and updated parts, the manual supplied was outdated.

Does the 1/8” NPT fitting use 1/8” tubing as well?

My blower has the new Gen 4 rotors. The manual I received is also out of date on a lot of the steps. I was sent a wrong intercooler hose and that has set me back a couple of days on install.

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a previous photo I posted, do you happen to know what that single wire and connector is for? It’s off the h/e pump relay that’s mounted near the air box. I can’t figure out what it’s suppose to go to.

sln157

Reaction score
Is the wire on the connector coming out of the relay? There should be another wire (the orange one) with a male end that goes into it. That orange wire then connects to the add-a-circuit in your fuse box. Is your kit a stage 2 with the bigger heat exchanger, what revision date is on your instructions?

Should be step#123 and 124, at least in my manual dated December 19, 2015

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, figured it out. I don’t have the stage 2 fan setup. I went with a fan-less Afco setup. I will just tape that connector off since it’s not needed for me. Thanks.

Got my vacuum line and fitting ordered from Summit. Should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

sln157

Reaction score
No problem and glad you got it solved, I'm in AL, so it's nice when you can order from Summit and get crap next day. 2017+ Steering wheel retrofit kit with functioning paddles is the next mod, as soon as there's enough for the next buy. First batch sold out quickly.

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question for you Aeroforce guys. I completed my setup today and selected Platform 4. Which parameter do you use to monitor A/F ratio? Not sure which one to use.

What does your IAT2 temp usually run?