Aftermarket fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought i havent seen you in quite some time. unless im going senile
Oh no I'm around just dont always post a ton , but this subject has been one of intense study as I would like to build my own aux fuel tank in this location based of the 50 gal trophy cell dimensions as I dont want to have to deal with fuel cell foam and clogged fuel filter caused by said foam breaking down.

OP
OP
HeavyAssault

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCREW is like what 36 gallon?? I was hoping there was a market for a 40+ tank, which there is from TFI, just not for the Gen 1 year trucks.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct, Transfer FlowFlow makes one for the Gen 2 but it only holds 9 gallons more than stock and runs about $2k.

OP
OP
HeavyAssault

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2: 90+ miles (MPG dependent) of increased driving isn't a bad thing. $2k...People drink that in coffee in a year. ForScan should be able to adjust the tank size. 75 lbs in extra fuel, added weight of tank(??) nothing too excessive added to the truck.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with an under bed mounted tank is filling it with out cutting a hole in the bed. 8 to 12 gallons is feasible - Larger and ground clearance will be an issue. The custom tank used to refill the stock tank using a basic diaphragm pump.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with an under bed mounted tank is filling it with out cutting a hole in the bed. 8 to 12 gallons is feasible - Larger and ground clearance will be an issue. The custom tank used to refill the stock tank using a basic diaphragm pump.
You would run a "Y" off the factory filler and then plumb the fuel system to draw from both tanks at the same time or use a transfer system that pumps from the aux into the main like most of the Australian aftermarket aux tanks do.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE use a transfer system that pumps from the aux into the main like most of the Australian aftermarket aux tanks do.[/QUOTE]

This is the way to go

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE use a transfer system that pumps from the aux into the main like most of the Australian aftermarket aux tanks do.

This is the way to go[/QUOTE]

I agree, problem is that no one makes one in the US for gasoline due to DOT regulations. They only make transfer tanks for diesels, at least from what I've found.