Aftermarket fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the way to go

I agree, problem is that no one makes one in the US for gasoline due to DOT regulations. They only make transfer tanks for diesels, at least from what I've found.[/QUOTE]
Yes make your own.
Mine will be .135" Aluminum with baffles and skid plate in the spare tire location.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the way to go

I agree, problem is that no one makes one in the US for gasoline due to DOT regulations. They only make transfer tanks for diesels, at least from what I've found.[/QUOTE]
Build your own. You'll need a switch, a gauge, a fuel pump, some wiring and some fuel hose. If you want to get fancy you can set it so it runs off a timer which would give you a set amount of fuel, based off your pump flow.

FFCJ

Reaction score
I agree, problem is that no one makes one in the US for gasoline due to DOT regulations. They only make transfer tanks for diesels, at least from what I've found.
Build your own. You'll need a switch, a gauge, a fuel pump, some wiring and some fuel hose. If you want to get fancy you can set it so it runs off a timer which would give you a set amount of fuel, based off your pump flow.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is well known but these 'transfer tanks' are only designed for diesel fuel and not gasoline due to the expansion rates of each. Gas has a very large expansion rate when heated while diesel is much less. Just FYI to take into account when designing your own tank or retrofitting one designed for diesel.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build your own. You'll need a switch, a gauge, a fuel pump, some wiring and some fuel hose. If you want to get fancy you can set it so it runs off a timer which would give you a set amount of fuel, based off your pump flow.

Maybe it is well known but these 'transfer tanks' are only designed for diesel fuel and not gasoline due to the expansion rates of each. Gas has a very large expansion rate when heated while diesel is much less. Just FYI to take into account when designing your own tank or retrofitting one designed for diesel.[/QUOTE]
Thays why the factory tank is rated at 136 liters (36 gallons) but if you really run it down you can get 145 liters in it ( 38 gallons)