Aftermarket fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much the only ones I have seen are custom ones for those serious trucks which are caged with fiberglass pieces on the back, otherwise all of us poverty raptors use Jerry cans.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone use/install an aftermarket fuel tank replacement that is larger than the OEM tank??
this was discussed several years ago. if i remember right, the oem gauge would have to be recalibrated to the larger size tank. i dont know if anyone was capable of doing that at that time. also there was discussion of the fuel sloshing around in the larger tank.

OP
OP
HeavyAssault

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there is ForScan, just not sure IF it can be done on the Gen 1 trucks.

I found a larger one on TransferFlow but it was metal for the Gen 2+ trucks.

Thanks. Just looking at options.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do people really rely on the miles to empty crap?? I look at my gas gauge and figure out pretty quick if I need gas or not. WTF. If you can get a bigger tank, then I say go for it!!

OP
OP
HeavyAssault

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say the gauge can be off as well if the arm on the inside the tank needs to be swapped out.

Just interested to know...seems there's tons of some mods, not a whole lot of others. LOL

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is your stock tank size? Is this a scab or screw? Many of the screws come with a 36 gallon from the factory, so if you have the smaller tank there may be OEM options.