Aftermarket fenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regearing both differentials and the pinch weld mod helps. But... The luxury prerunner builds have long travel suspension that moves the front wheel forward for a reason. They also regear the diffs.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of guys do. Especially if it's a leased tacoma and you're my idiot cousin. He drove for a month with the driver side axle removed & stuffed with a rag. He also refused to fix a rusted battery tray that relied on gravity and bungees... until it shorted out against the hood. Had his aftermarket air intake come loose while bouncing around at a desert race, and spent the rest of the day keeping the idle speed up because he was too lazy to open the hood and check it out. He used credit card money to finance long travel, glass fenders, 35" tires, a janky light bar, and the ugliest home made bumper on earth, on a truck with a lease.. That's a special kind of stupid.

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
@Cody Templeton I would have the shop spend too much time making the fenders nice before fitting on your truck. They will likely have to cut them up in order to fit properly.

Which ones did you go with?

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Cody Templeton I would have the shop spend too much time making the fenders nice before fitting on your truck. They will likely have to cut them up in order to fit properly.

Which ones did you go with?

They are just blocking the flat areas first before I take the truck there to fit them. I also have to figure out how to attach the fender liners to them, which I'm assuming means drilling holes and putting in some trim clips. I went with the ADV +2/+2 without the molded vents along with their fender liners.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are just blocking the flat areas first before I take the truck there to fit them. I also have to figure out how to attach the fender liners to them, which I'm assuming means drilling holes and putting in some trim clips. I went with the ADV +2/+2 without the molded vents along with their fender liners.

I would not use trim clips. I would use body bolt clips and body bolts but also add fender washers.

I'm using nuts. bolts and washers. In some places where a clip wont slide on I'm using rivnuts.

The inners are beefy and I want to tie them into enough structure to not only keep them in place but to tie fender, inner, and metal frame together.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not use trim clips. I would use body bolt clips and body bolts but also add fender washers.

I'm using nuts. bolts and washers. In some places where a clip wont slide on I'm using rivnuts.

The inners are beefy and I want to tie them into enough structure to not only keep them in place but to tie fender, inner, and metal frame together.

Yea, I was debating using speed nuts and screws as well and drilling holes for them so that they stay together. I'm sure the body shop has tons of those laying around to use.