Aftermarket console trim? Plastic feels and looks awful.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plastic trim really rubs me the wrong way considering how much the truck costs. This truck deserves some brushed aluminum trim around the center head unit display.

Also the plastic trim around the shift knob.... it’s so cheap.

Has anyone done anything about it? Maybe we could organize a group buy to get 100 pieces custom cut for our trucks? (If nothing exists)

Surely wouldn’t cost that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Orange accent package comes with brushed aluminum trim. Only reason I mention it is because Ford already makes the pieces. Maybe you can get them from them.

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Orange accent package comes with brushed aluminum trim. Only reason I mention it is because Ford already makes the pieces. Maybe you can get them from them.

My 17 does have the orange accent package. Is it only the 18s with the aluminum?

I’m talking about the trim immediately surrounding the display.

Last edited:

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is brushed aluminum around the center console and all of the air vents. If you're talking about middle area around the radio and info screen, then yes that's plastic. My bad if I was confused as to what you meant.

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found just about every interior part i carbon fiber, saw them on e bay from a chineese seller.
i already ordered some waiting to see their quality.

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found just about every interior part i carbon fiber, saw them on e bay from a chineese seller.
i already ordered some waiting to see their quality.

Can you share the links? I see the vent covers, but those are oem aluminum... I’m fine with that as-is. Can’t find one for the middle plastic area though.

Also saw the trim for the gear shifter and cup holders. Adding that to my list.

Let us know how you like them.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Have you looked at the trim in the Platinum or Limited? Possible option.

As best I could tell google imaging it, those are plastic as well.

Last edited: