After wash film removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Henglein

Reaction score
I’m not sure how much I should worry about car washes and the extra width of the Raptor so I’m trying to see if I can develop a system to quickly wash my truck on the weekend.

I have a foam cannon and pressure sprayer. After washing by hand and rinsing, I’ve been filling a spray bottle with water from my reverse osmosis system a spraying the truck over before hand drying. I have a lot of calcium and even with the low solute rinse I still get the follow film on my truck(see pic). I’m trying to add the minimal car soap and doing extra rinse. Any suggestions how to avoid this film? Thanks!

04678f1450b8243ad50762a9948257c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
The best thing I've found for when its so hot out that the water dries too quickly is waterless wash. Mist one panel at a time and wipe and move to the next. This seems to work a whole lot easier than quick detailer.

I use EcoShine from Shine Supply, but I assume others would work as well.

Ceramic Coating would help these issues as well, because you can blow dry it to about 95% if you're quick about it.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Chemical Guys V07 quick detailer. I also usually do small portions of the truck at a time. I also use a large canopy over the area I'm working on to minimize that residue. It can be a life saver when the sun is full bore with no cloud cover.