After service airbag light stays on and headlights flash even when off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stilldoggy

Reaction score
Took my girl in for "The Works" service, approx 50k miles. Drive her that night and airbag light stays on. Last night outside closing down for the night and headlights sporadically flash. Double and triple checked and they do it again and again. Quick internet search and find that the grounding cable in passenger side kick panel could be loose causing the headlight issue. Pop it off and crank down on it, with a little give. Get out, and lights do it again Ford Pass is sending me a message about the air bag control module. So it looks like back to the dealer for service on that issue. But regarding headlight issue: anyone else or have a lead on cause?
Additional information:
About two months ago had professional install done on items needed to flat tow her behind my motorhome to include adding "always on" 12v outlet to plug Blue Ox Patriot 3 supplemental braking system. Towed well over 2k miles and zero issues.
FOBS were inside the house when the headlights flashed.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took my girl in for "The Works" service, approx 50k miles. Drive her that night and airbag light stays on. Last night outside closing down for the night and headlights sporadically flash. Double and triple checked and they do it again and again. Quick internet search and find that the grounding cable in passenger side kick panel could be loose causing the headlight issue. Pop it off and crank down on it, with a little give. Get out, and lights do it again Ford Pass is sending me a message about the air bag control module. So it looks like back to the dealer for service on that issue. But regarding headlight issue: anyone else or have a lead on cause?
Additional information:
About two months ago had professional install done on items needed to flat tow her behind my motorhome to include adding "always on" 12v outlet to plug Blue Ox Patriot 3 supplemental braking system. Towed well over 2k miles and zero issues.
Where did they connect the 12V outlet to for power and ground?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Additional information:
Well I would take it back to the dealer. The unfortunate thing is since you did an aftermarket option you might have to pay out of pocket to get this fixed.