After selling the Raptor...

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Geo_Tactical, Mar 2, 2018.

1. brettmess24

brettmess24 Full Access Member

I would like to get the Katech 427 and stay NA, already have koooks headers, Cai, PTB and tune. Probably easier and less $ to slap a supercharger on though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. torrin

torrin Full Access Member

That might be _slightly_ more expensive than an SC.

3. Geo_Tactical

Geo_Tactical Full Access Member

yeah the pictures of it from the dealership seemed a lot darker than it actually is. I did buy from them, got an amazing deal! Those wheels look great by the way, nice ride!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  4. tplee

tplee Full Access Member

Great car and awesome color!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Geo_Tactical likes this.
  5. allenfrx

allenfrx Full Access Member

A few. It is hard to get into and out if a parking lot (or driveway) without doing damage. A brake job is gonna run you thousands. Tires will cost you thousands. It won't be the best choice in cold weather, but does better than expected in rain. You always feel stuck behind people and impatient. You will feel like you are in a shooting gallery on the highway when trucks kick up rocks. The tiniest of s ratches are going to feel (to you) like glaring gaping cracks.

Thats about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

6. tplee

tplee Full Access Member

Aside from the utility of owning a truck, this is probably the second biggest reason I'm just not into sports cars at the moment. Nicks and scratches are no big deal for most trucks....but are absolutely devastating on high-end sports car--at least to me. I'm sure I'll come around to getting another one at some point though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7. Geo_Tactical

I think one of the first things I'll do is have some clear bra applied to the leading edges to protect against rock chips. The ground clearance is definitely a "thing", and made me think pretty hard before pulling the trigger and buying. Based on what others have said who own a C7, it seems like it's not as bad as it looks, especially at stock ride height. In most situations, going slow and taking a 45 angle will be fine. Though I've already identified a few entrances to parking lots that would definitely be a no-go. My guess is that after a while, it'll become obvious what will cause scraping and what won't.

If I lived in a city environment like Seattle, I probably wouldn't have bought it. But where I'm at we have long stretches of open road, and not much traffic. Should make it a blast to drive around in.

8. Sage

Sage FRF Addict

After driving a truck for most of my life, a car is like sitting in a pot hole. I've driven my nephew's Shelby horse and his Hellcat. Yes, definitely fun for a while. Long term, trucks more comfortable in every respect. Now in my younger days, I'd go for go, but now, off road in the boonies is where I go. Mostly for hunting and fishing and a car won't cut it there.

Do what's right for you, to hell with other's opinion!! (Mine included )

donh and Geo_Tactical like this.
  9. WRCRaptor

WRCRaptor FRF Addict

I have started putting clear stone gaurd (xpel) on all the cars. I do full hood and fenders so you don’t see that edge line that collects dirt. A pillars are with it as well. Money well spent since I had rock chips with a passion

Geo_Tactical likes this.
  10. Geo_Tactical

The good thing is that I still have my Tacoma for hunting, camping, fishing, taking the dogs for rides or whatever. As an only vehicle, I don't think a Corvette would be a great choice. But as an alter ego to a functional truck, well, I couldn't pass on the 650 hp lol

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

That xpel stuff, with the self-healing property, is pretty sweet. I put that on the hood of the black Raptor I used to have and it held up great, plus gave sort of a matte finish, which is what I was looking for.