after rain water was coming in truck in grab handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
normally truck never sits outside but one time it did was thunder storms

i got to get into truck and water is coming out of driver side grab handle between middle and upper section of handle

i can only assume its coming from twin panel sun roof

anyone else have this issue?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes. its the moonroof. its either going to be a drain tube or a leak in the seal around the glass. i have seen both. the headliner is held on with magnets. have someone spray the truck with a hose and pull the headliner down and see if you can find where the water is coming in from

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there is a fitting on the drain tube right where the grab handle is. Sometimes the tube gets disconnected.

Jtreb7

Reaction score
Mine has started leaking on my 2018 Raptor and the water is coming in through the passenger grab handle. No where else does water come in from the sun roof. Is there a drain tube on the passenger grab handle as well? Before I take it off, I had to ask.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has started leaking on my 2018 Raptor and the water is coming in through the passenger grab handle. No where else does water come in from the sun roof. Is there a drain tube on the passenger grab handle as well? Before I take it off, I had to ask.
It’s above the passenger grab handle area. Also check the roof opening panel drain rails; they can get plugged up with environmental debris and water will overflow out of the rail and into the interior, since it can’t reach the drain tube.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this an easy fix if the tube is disconnected or clogged? I just saw I have the leaking handle as well from the cover for the screw to the handle. I wouldve assume this tube should be sealed regardless if it is clogged so I dunno how it can just start leaking so easily

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Is this an easy fix if the tube is disconnected or clogged? I just saw I have the leaking handle as well from the cover for the screw to the handle. I wouldve assume this tube should be sealed regardless if it is clogged so I dunno how it can just start leaking so easily

Check your drains out the bottom of the truck. They might be plugged and filled up with water all the way to the sunroof. Also check the drains in the sunroof tray.