After a decade of wanting one, I finally went and did it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jedburgh

Reaction score
Hello, folks,

Ten years ago, I fell ass-over-teakettle in love with the Raptor at the Chicago auto show. Desperately wanted one, but couldn't justify it given the other cars in the stable and the bigger who's-paying-for-college-here picture. Just before the damn bug hit this year, I said "to hell with it" and finally sprung for a new 2020, Leadfoot Gray, supercab, 4.10 diffs plus a bunch of other options I didn't care about but which I am now glad I have. I could hardly be happier with it.

The only thing I've done to it, besides waxing and armor-alling it to near mania, is to add a Decked in-bed two drawer storage system, which has been great. Can't say enough good things about it.

Welcoming any thoughts from the seasoned vets among you concerning virtually anything, whether maintenance (beyond the manual), handling, off roading, mods, points of failure and, most importantly in this as in all of life, funny stories.

--Jeds

P.S. And got an invite from Ford for "Raptor Assault School." Would love to know if anybody's been, and if it's worth the drive to Utah.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place and congrats. Post a pic of your raptor. There's been lots of members who have gone to Raptor Assault. You can use the search function to find lots of stuff on here.

OP
OP
Jedburgh

Jedburgh

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind and quick reply. Tried to attach a fun shot from a day misbehaving with aircraft, but the site rejected the file as being too big. Will see if there isn't a way to make it smaller. And will do the search you suggest.

--Jeds

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, potential prius poster !;)
(No pic means it’s really a prius here)
got an invite from Ford for "Raptor Assault School." Would love to know if anybody's been, and if it's worth the drive to Utah.

Definitely worth it. Many of us posted video and the R/A crew are happy to see those videos posted because it really gives you a healthy respect for what the truck is capable of.

dart raptor

Reaction score
Been to Raptor Assault School twice. Learned things the truck can do is unreal. If from the midwest you will be able to drive on terrains that is not in the midwest. Worth going to , also if drive truck out try take extra day to drive your own truck . Have fun

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP, don’t ever wait a decade for something you want. No one is promised tomorrow. Strike when the kettle is hot.

one of many threads on it. i did it. well worth it.

Last edited:

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP, don’t ever wait a decade for something you want. mo one is promised tomorrow. Strike when the kettle is hot.

one of many threads on it. i did it. well worth it.

Diggin up the dead much?