After 4 weeks changed from Avalanche 37 to...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's identical the Avalanche. Good deals (and of course relationships matter too) are out there. I remember your thread on trading, but 37 wasn't worth it to you. I totally get it.
Yep, I was so close to saying yes and still regret it some days. Might have an opportunity at an avalanche 37 but I’m on the fence with that color. I prefer silver, black or lead foot.

DaveO

Reaction score
Well here is the follow-up to my other incoming post from about a month ago (https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/shes-here-37-and-the-color-is.95656/).

So I traded my '20 Black for the '23 Avalanche. It was a moment of weakness and I kept convincing myself that I'd love the Avalanche (keeping mind my last 4 Raptors where black). And actually for a light color Avalanche is my favorite. But that's where the story and love affair ended.

I righted the wrong yesterday. Called the GM at dealer I knew (they turned into a $30K over dealer after Covid so hadn't been back) BUT he made me an offer that was too good --I'm Back in Black. Netted out to $1981.34 check for new one. Done.

They flat bedded it 2 hours to my ranch and showed up last night--all stickers and plastics in place. They loaded up Avalanche and off they went. I LOVE BLACK and will never have anything but moving forward. Lesson learned...go with your gut.

Gave her a good cleaning today even put on tire shine for my Starbuck/man bun friends...and to trigger the others lol. Pretty sure going to take exterior stickers off...but MUCH less in your face as Avalanche stickers.

All is back to normal.

View attachment 394869

View attachment 394870
View attachment 394871
Very nice!!

WhiteMamba

Reaction score
Avalanche is overrated unless your want it to look like every other truck, in which case, why are you buying a Raptor in the first place?

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here is the follow-up to my other incoming post from about a month ago (https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/shes-here-37-and-the-color-is.95656/).

So I traded my '20 Black for the '23 Avalanche. It was a moment of weakness and I kept convincing myself that I'd love the Avalanche (keeping mind my last 4 Raptors where black). And actually for a light color Avalanche is my favorite. But that's where the story and love affair ended.

I righted the wrong yesterday. Called the GM at dealer I knew (they turned into a $30K over dealer after Covid so hadn't been back) BUT he made me an offer that was too good --I'm Back in Black. Netted out to $1981.34 check for new one. Done.

They flat bedded it 2 hours to my ranch and showed up last night--all stickers and plastics in place. They loaded up Avalanche and off they went. I LOVE BLACK and will never have anything but moving forward. Lesson learned...go with your gut.

Gave her a good cleaning today even put on tire shine for my Starbuck/man bun friends...and to trigger the others lol. Pretty sure going to take exterior stickers off...but MUCH less in your face as Avalanche stickers.

All is back to normal.

View attachment 394869

View attachment 394870
View attachment 394871
By any chance did you trade in your avalanche to Maxwell ford in Austin Texas? truck has 1,300 miles I passed by and saw one but they wanted 106k for it.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black looks better, but offroad id go with avalanche shows less scratches, so in the end for me would look better.

yes always follow your gut. when i ordered my 18 i had them order silver instead of leadfoot and changed to leadfoot at the last minute. Thank god I did. Was not a fan in person of the old silver.

jjws1968

Reaction score
Hold off on pulling the graphics. 1: you paid big bucks for those things. 2: you may grow to like and appreciate them as I eventually did. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your truck.