After 2 weeks with the cam'd 5.4L Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now that I finally have time to do this. Here are my thoughts on the my Cam'd 5.4L Raptor.

On-Road- Drivability is near stock. I've put several thousand miles on my truck between going to PA to hang out with the CJs crew or going to Western VA to see my GF or going to NYC (yes I have taken my Raptor into NYC) with all that driving my truck still gets between 14-16 MPGs. The power comes in a lot sooner now I don't need to lean so hard on it now when merging or passing.

Off-Road- With the JDM Tune Off-Road Mode works and performs outstandingly. Out by my GF there are some old fire trails which turn into single track Jeep trails. Truck had 0 problems on the trails. The better low end power made climbing rocks and getting though mud holes a lot easier but still could use a little more. I'm leaning towards gears instead of going back into the motor.

All and all the truck performs extremely well. I still have a couple of issues to work out with the tune. If the motor is cold usually first start up of the day if it's not warm the truck stalls. The fix is to raise low idle another 100 rpms but other then that truck performs great.