After 1 Year of Owning a Leadfoot 802A SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt anyone can and has the right to be disappointed with any purchase they make...hell, I've been there. When it comes to the Raptor, I feel the majority of the disappointed owners come from prior ownership of high performance cars. To expect a 6,000lb+ truck to perform on road like some of these high end performance cars/suvs is F'in crazy too me.

Geographic location (not everyone but a lot) seems to play a huge role in owner disappointment too. This is because those owners have never experienced what the Raptor was designed for...high speed off-road performance. FYI...jumping the curb at Starbuck's or taking on a speed bump at the mall doesn't count. No one, and I mean no one can take this truck off-road, high speed and be disappointed (err, maybe true trophy truck drivers) with it. I'm in Buzzard2's territory of Nevada and I can tell you I go faster on the dirt then the highway/freeway I drove on to get to my off-road destination (with A/C blasting and ventilated seats) and teeth intact'd...that's insane! Drive this truck for what it's intended for and you won't ever not own Raptor! If your still disappointed after that, turn your key fob in, get that awd Audi or Benz and let the Raptor go to another home where it will be better utilized/appreciated!
Amen brother.. Agree completely

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having had a 2018 and now a 2019 Raptor; I will say the body roll is significantly less with the new live valve shocks and I have to say I disagree with the initial judgment that the ‘19s ride stiffer than the ‘18s. I would also hope that the OP has used sport steering feel as it is my favorite for what I would describe as precision steering.

With that being said, my background is trucks and only trucks in the backwoods of Southwestern PA, but just because they are trucks doesn’t mean they have to be slow; I had a fully deleted and tuned 6.7 powerstroke that had 642 rwhp and 1261 ft-lbs of torque.