GEN 2 AFE-Track Series Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System (Dry)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

INDO-RAPTOR

Reaction score
1622913586303.png
Has anyone ordered this AFE intake for their Raptor?
Does anyone else have a delay in their shipping and receiving one?

I've ordered one in March (sale price), still waiting for mine. This is a newer product, I've used AFE products before and have enjoyed them. While the 5R model (oiled filter) has higher numbers, I tend to stay away from oiled filters as the O2 sensors can be vulnerable to any "over oiling" issues on a filter. Thus, for simplicity, a dry filter is always my preference on Cold Air Intakes.

Kcard

Reaction score
i ordered it late march, called yesterday and it has been pushed back again till august.

OP
OP
INDO-RAPTOR

INDO-RAPTOR

Reaction score
Hmmmm... Well, if things continue into late August, I may cancel the order and go with a ROUSH CAI unit instead.

OP
OP
INDO-RAPTOR

INDO-RAPTOR

Reaction score
Follow-up: I received this AFE CAI in late September. Great looking, and you can hear the turbos spool once installed. My fuel mileage increased by 1.5mpg on average, which I have no complaints about. The issue was however...

Once installed, and after 200 miles, my engine trouble light came on. I also received alerts on my FORD app. It seems as if the air intake was "too great" (paraphrasing) for the sensors, and that the engine ECU was thinking something was disconnected. Nothing was disconnected and all items were installed properly and tightly.
I did bring the truck to the dealership for its routine 5k service, and they wiped the codes as well as inspect the systems and the O2 sensor & wiring on/to the carbon fiber intake tube. There again, after 150 miles, the codes returned. So, what to do? I could have returned to the dealership again, but thought not to and rather try something else.

Thus the Roush F150 CAI was purchased. I pulled the AFE CAI and installed the Roush. Now, understand that I still had the trouble codes in my Ford app and the engine light on in my dash. After inspection of my work, I started the truck. The dash light remained on at idle; then I hit the road.

I immediately noticed less turbo sound (too bad, I liked it). The engine light remained on for about 30 miles and then turned off. During the drive I "played" with the accelerator pedal along with the mode button. Throughout the drive the truck "felt" less spirited than before, but that is all subjective.

Today, after 5k miles on the Roush CAI, no trouble codes have ever returned. My average fuel mileage seems to have returned to OE intake use levels, thus an overall drop.

Overall, I really like the AFE CAI, and would rather have it on. The Roush is a trouble free system (as far is my Raptor is concerned), but I am not convinced that it is "as good" as the AFE I pictured and installed previously. Whether I go back to it, remains undetermined. I like the carbon fiber looks and the performance it provided, but I really hate trouble codes and engine lights on my dash.

Time will tell.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being that you prefer the aFe CAI over the Roush…I’d recommend you scope out the following:

aFe Power 59-06201 Magnum FORCE Cold Air Intake System Replacement Vent Tube Insert

You can purchase this tube from aFe direct or on Amazon. I got to believe it will resolve your issue. It’s only a matter of time before you get another CEL with your Roush.

I have a Roush CAI installed on my 2020 Raptor and was getting a CEL. Dug deeper using FORScan and saw the applicable code(s). Once I installed the vent tube…took 5 minutes…the problem was resolved. To date…I’ve put 13K miles on the truck since the install and no CELs. It was $30 well spent.