AFCO heat exchanger and SQHD hidden winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fl1by

Reaction score
2014 SCAB. I am upgrading to JDM Whipple 2.9L Gen4 Supercharger kit.

I would like to also install AFCO heat exchanger 80284 Pro (with fans). I am concerned that my hidden winch (SQHD hidden winch mount and Warn 12000 platinum) will be in the way, heat exchanger would sit too low.

Anyone with this combo? I will have AFCO make me a custom one if needed.

Thanks

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the SDHQ hidden winch and I now have the AFCO heat exchanger. I do have a winch with the AFCO, but now I have an aftermarket bumper where the winch sits lower. I never had the hidden winch and AFCO coexisting. I do not think it would have cleared the AFCO heat exchanger (I had to move my AFCO up as is) with the hidden winch. Depending on the winch, if you can relocate the control box, I give it a solid maybe. You have a legit concern, I don't think it will fit.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in the middle of this exact install and can confirm that the SDHQ hidden mount with a Warn ZEON 9.5 cti-s won't work with either the AFCO or the Whipple coolant reservoir tank in their stock mounting locations.

With the AFCO installed, there's only 2.5" clearance between the winch plate and the bottom of the HE. Also, the Whipple coolant tank will fit in the stock location on the frame rails as long as the electric pump isn't mounted to it. Seems like mounting the pump to the winch plate will work, but still don't think the AFCO can be moved up enough that a winch with a removable control head will fit.

I haven't completely given up on making the hidden winch work, but am going to remove the SDHQ winch mount for now so I can get my truck back on the road. Really hate that!

Attachments

• AFCO clearance.jpg
    AFCO clearance.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 12
  • AFCO mounted.jpg
    AFCO mounted.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Winch on plate.jpg
    Winch on plate.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Coolant tank.jpg
    Coolant tank.jpg