Advice regarding mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
hell, us gen 1 owners would do it for free. now the gen 2 and gen 3 crowd might want a latte from starbucks

Mocha M*ther F@ck#r. ;-)

Grumpy Stereo Guy is right, but you get what you pay for. The latte mocha buys peace and quiet. Gen 1 guys will whine and cry about fuel economy or lack thereof :p

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I dont have much other input theyre all on point. I have now 176k and im going through and replacing all the fluids and wear items as needed. This thing still gets up and goes for a pig while being a nice smooth as a dd.

I see you put Boston so im just 3-4 hrs north of you. If its not a southern truck you know what to do lol. My came out of NC originally and i bought if off a guy in NH that had it stored in the winter.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Mocha M*ther F@ck#r. ;-)

Grumpy Stereo Guy is right, but you get what you pay for. The latte mocha buys peace and quiet. Gen 1 guys will whine and cry about fuel economy or lack thereof :p

Naaaah i knew what I signed up for. Plus i run it for 30min a day before/after work in the winter and maybe 5 mins in am the rest of year lol.
Maybe im just paranoid but i like it to have the fluids all cycling before i drive. Lol

Last edited:

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The roads around here are pretty rough. Probably worst then some trails that have been driven on. Lol.

I’m focusing my search in the southern states. Also pulling CARFAX reports. I’m a little nervous about purchasing so far away.
I live in Michigan and purchased my truck from OKC. The Carfax report will tell you a lot but obviously not everything. My salesperson crawled under the truck during a video chat to show that the truck was rust free and not abused. If they want your business they should be willing to earn it.

I bought a one-way plane ticket on a whim and drove the truck back to Michigan a few days later. I was definitely nervous as I was flying down but it all turned out well. Long story short; definitely do your due diligence but I wouldn't let distance be the factor that prevents you from finding a clean truck.

Steven_Born

Reaction score
So I have 2 different Gen 1's, the white SCAB is a 2010 with over 205k miles on it and all factory, no issues at all. My red 2014 SCREW has just over 40k miles and also no issues. I am the 2nd owner on both. I agree with what others have stated, but for me it's the maintenance and how things look underneath. I might be willing to part with one of mine since I am getting to the point of not really needing 2 trucks but I'm in the NM region. Oh and us Gen 1 owners never cry about gas mileage, we just enjoy the rich exhaust notes.