[Advice Please!] Gen 3 Raptor Or 2021 F150 Shelby super snake sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something to consider is that the Shelby is not a Ford production vehicle, it’s an aftermarket package. So the truck leaves the plant as a $48k F-150 XLT, and is then upfitted to a “Shelby” by Tuscany Motors in Indiana. So you’re essentially paying double the cost of the truck to have it upfitted into a Shelby. But when you run the VIN, it will only show that it’s a $48k XLT. That can also be a problem with insurance; I’m sure you’d need to disclose the cost and modifications to them so they can factor that into the premium.

OP
OP
J

jokeyzhu

Reaction score
Something to consider is that the Shelby is not a Ford production vehicle, it’s an aftermarket package. So the truck leaves the plant as a $48k F-150 XLT, and is then upfitted to a “Shelby” by Tuscany Motors in Indiana. So you’re essentially paying double the cost of the truck to have it upfitted into a Shelby. But when you run the VIN, it will only show that it’s a $48k XLT. That can also be a problem with insurance; I’m sure you’d need to disclose the cost and modifications to them so they can factor that into the premium.
Thank you so much for the information!

Yes, I go to the raptor