Advice on Raptor Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off WELCOME!!

This 2011 is available,
thanks randy
406 544-6891

2011 F-150 - VIN 1FTEX1R60BFA26502
Full History
Status
Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Dec-13-2010) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Status as of Nov-30-2010

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean Sep-07-2010
=============================

Randy Wilson
Ford Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr.
406 544-6891 cell anytime

===========================
2011 F-150 Super Cab Raptor
Order No: W003 Priority: 12
Ord PEP: 517A Cust/Flt Name:
RETAIL DLR INV
X1R F150 RAPTOR S/C $41550
.133" WHEELBASE
UH TUXEDO BLACK
7 RAPTOR
B BLACK INTERIOR

517A PREF EQUIP PKG
.XLT SERIES
.SVT RAPTOR
64S .17" ALUM
996 6.2L EFI 2V V8
446 ELEC 6-SPD AUTO

T7R .LT315 BSW A/T
.4.10 ELEC LOCK
SLCT SHFT TRANS
STD FUEL TANK
7000# GVWR
425 50 STATE EMISS NC
55L LUXURY PACKAGE 2190
.ADJUST PEDALS
.BD CLR PWR MIRR
.SONY 6-DISC
.REMOTE START
.PWR DRVR & PASS
.HEATED SEATS
AUTO TEMP CNTL
61R RAPTOR PLUS PK 595
.TRL BRAKE CONTR
.REARVIEW CAMERA
63T TAILGATE STEP 375
FUEL CHARGE
PRICED DORA NC
FDAF ASSESSMENT
DEST AND DELIV 975

TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS 45685
TOTAL MSRP $45685.00 -$3000 OFF = $42685.00
(your cost, + $179.00 d/h - rebates that are current at time of sale, if any?? none at this time)
(you pay tax/title/plate/reg for where ever you want to Reg truck)
*THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE*

wish i had the extra cash right now. but when i do ill be calling you randy.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bojangles, thanks so much for your post, that was very nice of you.

I'll do my best to help any and all who ask.
I'm very lucky to have a job I love to do, and the freedom do it as I see it needs done.

I have tried to BREAK the normal "dealer experience" that a lot of people have gone through.

Please feel free to call me anytime, I will give you all the help you want. Even if I can't sell you a Raptor, I will do my best to help you in the right direction.

thank Randy my cell 406 544-6891

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
wish i had the extra cash right now. but when i do ill be calling you randy.

If you're still in the market, use Randy. Look for my review re my experience in buying my truck from him. I seriously doubt you could find a guy who will work harder to take care of you.

robmax72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather it's been driven off-road or not would not worry me at all. Remember this isn't an FX4. I'd have the service department check it all out and it will have the rest of the warranty on it of course. Sounds like someone drove it a lot. I have 3500 miles on mine and I've had it less than a month. Do look for scratches, etc. I'd use that to get the price down even farther, plus that will tell you if it's been out in the woods.

Good luck man!

Thanks for the replies, thats exactly the kind of info i was looking for! ok so it turns out i was probably right in thinking that this thing was grossly overpriced. Damn, i would be all over a deal like you said Hman got! thats exactly the kind of deal im looking for! used, low miles, fair price. is that too much to ask anymore? haha.

Birdman, thats exactly what i was thinking. i mean damn, couple thousand off the price of a brand new one and this thing has 45,000 miles!! jeez i guess this is how the stealership gets their reputation. to be honest, i feel pretty insulted with the offer they made me. the guy i was originally dealing with is the head of the sales dept and he had originally told me it was $37995 which i felt was still too high but a decent place to start negotitating i guess. this other guy just full on killed a potential deal by going even higher than that and not really even budging much from there. at that price your right, why not just buy a new one?

Is there anything specific i should be looking at to determine if the truck has been driven hard off road? i find it hard to believe someone bought a new raptor here in CO, put 45,000 miles on it and didnt romp around in the desert or at least on some rougher trails every now an then

Thanks again for the replies, they are very helpful for me!!! any other ideas/advice you guys can think of is much appreciated

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I guess it depends where you are at on price and when. My cousin works for a dealer here in Texas and in december(when I got mine) they had a new Raptor come in with the 6.2 and the sticker was 48K on it. I paid 41K for my 2010 with 5.4 fully loaded with 5K miles on it and had never been off road and still looked new(everyone I found then was around this price here in TX). So guess it depends where you live and what pricing is in that area. Maybe I paid to much but I'm happy with the truck.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Don't even bother calling that dealer back. They were looking to bend you over like an alter boy. If it has to be used watch craig's list and try this site Used Cars for Sale, Buy New and Used Cars at Every Car Listed | EveryCarListed.com. Used Raptors are going to be some what tough to find. It may take some time an effort. Set you price and the minimum options you want. Don't get suckered in to comprimising on your wants/needs. On a used rig look at the skid plates. If they are dented and beat up chances are good it was rode hard. Look for any sign of oil leaking from the shocks. Look at the tread on the tires. Look at the tread depth and see if the tires have chunks missing. Tires run about $250/ea so keep that in mind.