Advice on price for this new 2020 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pienoe

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a new 2020 Raptor and my research led me to this forum. I've gotten a lot of good info so far.

I have a question about price. The vehicle is exactly what I want but I'm sure not going to let the salesman know that before we have a deal. MSRP is $74,535 and they've advertised an "Internet Price" of $70,808. The Edmund's suggested price is about $1,200 above that.

I'd like to get them down to around $68, give or take. Is that reasonable? Should I push for lower or accept what they're offering? The Internet price doesn't seem that bad, but I don't want to pay any more than I have to.

I've read though the thread on how much did you pay and also the one on dealers selling for invoice. My take from those is still inconclusive.

(I earlier posted this in the General Gen 2 forum by mistake. I got some good responses but thought I'd get more by putting it in the proper place.)

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on what's the selling price of raptors in the area, 68k might be a reach. Just because others are getting better prices in their area of the country, doesn't mean the dealer is willing to match them if the local market is stronger. Examples of this are dealers here in the NC area. Many of them are not willing to budge more than 4k or so off MSRP but driving to GA or OH in my case was getting a much larger discount.

If you have a trade, that may be a factor too as a dealership willing to go lower may also not give you as much for your trade. It sometimes is all a game about that difference in the prices.

Ultimately you have to decide if saving the time to stay local with that dealership is worth a potentially higher price than you may pay by traveling. At least in my experience, being at the dealership at the end of the month is a real thing and actually showing up in person and dealing with the haggling can often be your best leverage. Others have had great experiences setting up a deal entirely online or over the phone, but for me, my best deals have come by showing up in person and just dealing with a bit of frustration.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use my spreadsheet here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cYnJMNFjBYFPt9TN9SDEcL828S52bQnn/view?usp=sharing

Plug in your VIN to get the exact loadout, and use the spreadsheet to calculate exactly what they have in the truck. That won't take into account market forces. You might be in SoCal where MSRP is a deal or you might be in the southeast like me where Raptors don't move too quickly. The spreadsheet won't tell you what the dealer will accept. But it will tell you the lowest they can accept and still make money, so you know what the lower limit is.

OP
OP
P

Pienoe

Reaction score
The spreadsheet is very helpful. I realize there may be some wiggle room in the numbers but it looks like their invoice-holdback is right about $67k. Its MSRP is $74,535 with an advertised "Internet price" of $70,808.

I've seen the stories of what others have done by shopping around the country but that's not for me. However, there are a number of dealers with Raptors in stock within easy driving distance of me so if I can't get something that works from these guys, I can widen my search.

Thanks for the feedback.