Advice on getting my first Raptor 2010 5.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phinally

Reaction score
So I’ve found a 2010 5.4 Scab with all the bells and whistles that a dealer is willing to give me a killer deal on my trade in, a beat to hell Silverado. I love Raptors and never really thought I could capitalize on my old truck.

The only negative I see is it is a 5.4L, I would like to offroad this, but nothing crazy, more used as a third car to drive when weather is bad. Any thoughts on why I shouldn’t upgrade because of the 5.4L?

Thanks!

Last edited:

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad motor. Decent torque. Reliable. Just not a 6.2...

What's the price (not including your trade in) the dealer is asking? For literally the first Raptor to ever hit the roads, I'd hope it's not that much.

monk99

Reaction score
I have the 5.4. Had it going on 7 years now. No issues. As stated, it's not the 6.2, but it gets the job done every time. Yeah, you'll lose in a race against the 6.2, but just going down trails and doing normal truck stuff, it works just fine.

OP
OP
P

Phinally

Reaction score
$14k out the door, taxes and title. That’s why I think I can’t pass this up. Too good of a deal.

Last edited:

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What you are pondering Sir is the Crewcab Beast that started it all. It’s not the 6.2 but it’s still a V8 Raptor. Had the 5.4 in my 05’ FX4 and is a solid engine. And did I mention, it’s a V8 Raptor....

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What you are pondering Sir is the Crewcab Beast that started it all. It’s not the 6.2 but it’s still a V8 Raptor. Had the 5.4 in my 05’ FX4 and is a solid engine. And did I mention, it’s a V8 Raptor....

Pretty sure all the screw 1st gen were 6.2 powered