Advice on buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MileHighMike

Reaction score
hey guys! I’ve been shopping for a while and think I’m finally going to pull the trigger at the end of June. That being said, I was curious on if any of you have heard what the 2020s will offer, or when the GEN3s are going to be introduced. I’ve heard 2020 or 2021, but nothing firm. When does Ford usually rollout the new models to show what’s coming? Despite being ready to pull the trigger on one in June, part of me is wondering if I should wait for the 2020s... thanks for the help and advice!!!

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys! I’ve been shopping for a while and think I’m finally going to pull the trigger at the end of June. That being said, I was curious on if any of you have heard what the 2020s will offer, or when the GEN3s are going to be introduced. I’ve heard 2020 or 2021, but nothing firm. When does Ford usually rollout the new models to show what’s coming? Despite being ready to pull the trigger on one in June, part of me is wondering if I should wait for the 2020s... thanks for the help and advice!!!

Ford just did a minor refresh of the Raptor line for the '19s (new shocks, new wheels, new tech features, new seats, new accent package). It's highly unlikely they do anything other than a new paint color or two for the 2020s.

Ford generally redesigns the F150 line every six years, so my money is on a remodel in 2021 ('15 was the aluminum body launch). But that also brought a two-year Raptor drought. I'd be surprised if that happens again, but you never know.

Moral of the story is: Buy your truck now!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get what you want now...always something "new" just 3 months away. If you are always looking at whats next, you will never enjoy what is here.

OP
OP
M

MileHighMike

Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like buy now it is. How are you guys able to negotiate so far down on some of these? A handful of dealers around here will mark 500-1000 below sticker cause it’s on the lot a little, it they won’t budge when I try to talk them down. Because of this I’ve been looking out of state to go get one now. Still curious what approach everyone has taken that’s been so successful.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like buy now it is. How are you guys able to negotiate so far down on some of these? A handful of dealers around here will mark 500-1000 below sticker cause it’s on the lot a little, it they won’t budge when I try to talk them down. Because of this I’ve been looking out of state to go get one now. Still curious what approach everyone has taken that’s been so successful.

Did you want to wait for the 20 5.2sc? I am surprised anyone would buy a current raptor with that Raptor on its way.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Did you want to wait for the 20 5.2sc? I am surprised anyone would buy a current raptor with that Raptor on its way.

More nonsense from the troll formerly known as sasquatch77.
Look at this user’s post history, before considering any of her comments.

OP
OP
M

MileHighMike

Reaction score
More nonsense from the troll formerly known as sasquatch77.
Look at this user’s post history, before considering any of her comments.

Not my first time on a forum so it’s easy to recognize. Didn’t even bother to answer my questions, and hasn’t denied being the person you say in any other posts from what I’ve seen. Thanks!