Advice Needed! Reverted to stock tune for stealership. CEL on w/ appt tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some help here. I recently purchased a 17 SCREW that needs to go in to the stealership because the moonroof is sticking. The truck has a Kooks Catted Downpipes, AWE Exhaust, and Cobb AP Goosetuned.

I flashed the truck back to stock two nights ago in prep for the appt tomorrow morning, but now the CEL is on as of driving it about a half hour today.

I have read the Kooks Catted DP can cause this CEL without a tune, but I also know that I need the truck to be back to stock ECM/TCM tune before taking it to the dealership. So, what should I do?

Since it’s only going for moonroof, does it matter?
Is it better to go in with no tune and CEL or tune and no CEL light?
Is there a way to get the CEL off with my current setup and no tune?

Appt is tomorrow morning so hoping for some advice ASAP!
Clear the codes and CEL right before dropping it off

OP
OP
R

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FORSCAN will allow you to pull and clear codes. runs on windoze, or some win tablets, also allows a cr@p ton of config changes - see the thread “forscan changes tweak your truck"

Yes, was considering this anyways for the Lincoln style mirrors! Thanks!

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, was considering this anyways for the Lincoln style mirrors! Thanks!
there is also great feature of being able to roll front windows up/down when locking/unlocking.. Nice feature if you live in a stupid hot place.. like I do Southern commiforn ia..

And delete the silly 'engine noise'.. that was the first thing I did

OP
OP
R

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is also great feature of being able to roll front windows up/down when locking/unlocking.. Nice feature if you live in a stupid hot place.. like I do Southern commiforn ia..

And delete the silly 'engine noise'.. that was the first thing I did
Oh I didn't know about the engine noise delete. And I'm in AZ so the whole stupid hot thing is relatable. I just need to get a WindowsOS tablet or something first. All Mac ecosystem currently.

Mk1 Caddy

Reaction score
You are worried about the CEL light? What about the ruckus that exhaust setup will be making lol