Advice Needed! Reverted to stock tune for stealership. CEL on w/ appt tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some help here. I recently purchased a 17 SCREW that needs to go in to the stealership because the moonroof is sticking. The truck has a Kooks Catted Downpipes, AWE Exhaust, and Cobb AP Goosetuned.

I flashed the truck back to stock two nights ago in prep for the appt tomorrow morning, but now the CEL is on as of driving it about a half hour today.

I have read the Kooks Catted DP can cause this CEL without a tune, but I also know that I need the truck to be back to stock ECM/TCM tune before taking it to the dealership. So, what should I do?

Since it’s only going for moonroof, does it matter?
Is it better to go in with no tune and CEL or tune and no CEL light?
Is there a way to get the CEL off with my current setup and no tune?

Appt is tomorrow morning so hoping for some advice ASAP!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Put some lube on your sunroof gasket then cancel your appt. Or just play dumb and hope for the best. ;)

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apply Krytox grease to the roof opening panel seals to eliminate the sticking.

Even with a CEL, the factory cal will at least allow the dealer to connect to the truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
FORSCAN will allow you to pull and clear codes. runs on windoze, or some win tablets, also allows a cr@p ton of config changes - see the thread “forscan changes tweak your truck"

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some help here. I recently purchased a 17 SCREW that needs to go in to the stealership because the moonroof is sticking. The truck has a Kooks Catted Downpipes, AWE Exhaust, and Cobb AP Goosetuned.

I flashed the truck back to stock two nights ago in prep for the appt tomorrow morning, but now the CEL is on as of driving it about a half hour today.

I have read the Kooks Catted DP can cause this CEL without a tune, but I also know that I need the truck to be back to stock ECM/TCM tune before taking it to the dealership. So, what should I do?

Since it’s only going for moonroof, does it matter?
Is it better to go in with no tune and CEL or tune and no CEL light?
Is there a way to get the CEL off with my current setup and no tune?

Appt is tomorrow morning so hoping for some advice ASAP!
I have already reported you to the Ford Tune Police, they will be waiting for you in the morning. :deal:

OP
OP
R

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think they are going to check your tune for the moonroof? lol
No, but they always perform their yadayada "multipoint inspection" at the end and I didn't know if that involved checking electrical components or not. Didn't want to give them an excuse to flag my truck.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

tone228

Reaction score
Better off going with stock tune. If you go flashed and they reflash your ECU you will lose your performance tune.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Better off going with stock tune. If you go flashed and they reflash your ECU you will lose your performance tune.
I always tell them no flash whenever my truck is in service . They sell these covers . Its already tuned / modded so if there is a catastrophic failure your SOL . But reverting back to stock helps with diagnostics.

1630656275044.png