Advice needed on prospective purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents: in my experience for such a sought after truck to be going to a 3rd owner in 6 years would concern me. For sure get it checked out. I've purchased low mile for years vehicle in the past and had the issues others have stated here. Hoses are dry and cracked, bearings bad tank settling etc. Its actually a problem if it hasn't been driven regularly.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would check it out good. I bought my 2013 a little over a year ago with 40,000 miles and have not had any problems at all. ( Knock on wood). It's a good looking truck. Ask yourself if it would be worth it if you had to do some repairs down the road.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would getting it inspected by the local ford dealer be a good way to be sure of its quality ?
Ha sorry some of those ford dealer guys are not all that bright, and not up to speed in everything to check on these raptors. I would say your best bet is to take 100 pictures and post them up here. We can be real nit picky and honest.
Just to give some perspective, again not pushing my truck but this is a ‘12 with LOTS of modification, zero rust, needs nothing, has 97k and is on the block at $46k...

C2B0DB63-7FEB-4CD1-8181-538DE94D9997.jpeg

94347C11-4413-4DE1-BF4F-AAFAFF9E7ED0.jpeg

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems a little on the high side, should be 45ish plus, not 55k. As others have said, get an inspection done as the warranty is gone. Would be a beast to drive. So would @PorterW1111 truck, lol.
Yeah but man I wish this thing was supercharged. I’ve always wanted to do it. But got sidetracked trying to run 39s haha

maybe if it doesn’t sell long enough I’ll put one in.

OP
OP
Golloval

Golloval

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the input so far ! Its really helpful. I'm going to check if I can get lemon squad to check it out possibly. Also here the video he sent out. There's one guy info of me but if he doesn't take it I'm planning on putting 2k down pending a inspection then if it passes okay go for it I guess. With that being said any other advice is still welcome.

Here's a walkaround video he sent out to me today. https://quickpageapp.com/p/8skk8NkxD2jWLgd7j

Also I'd be interested to know more about your raptor Porter if this doesn't workout.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the input so far ! Its really helpful. I'm going to check if I can get lemon squad to check it out possibly. Also here the video he sent out. There's one guy info of me but if he doesn't take it I'm planning on putting 2k down pending a inspection then if it passes okay go for it I guess. With that being said any other advice is still welcome.

Here's a walkaround video he sent out to me today. https://quickpageapp.com/p/8skk8NkxD2jWLgd7j

Also I'd be interested to know more about your raptor Porter if this doesn't workout.
There are two threads on it, the sale listing is outdated but has a good list of what the truck has.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/testing-the-waters-12-screw-w-39s-and-icon-stage-4.78024/

the other is my build thread that will show you exactly what this truck has had done. And I try to keep up to date.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/up-for-new-tires-contemplating-39s.75687/

OP
OP
Golloval

Golloval

Reaction score
Hey, so just wanted to update anyone whos interested and thank you guys for the advice you sent my way. The deal went down alright and my raptor is running great so far with no problems !