Advice needed on first gen pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtai45

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a black 2010 SCAB with with a 6.2. The truck has 150k miles and looks to be stock other then an intake. No cab strikes and besides a torn drivers seat and some paint fade on the hood I would rate it as good condition for the miles and age.

The truck would be about $21k out the door. From looking at KBB it does not seem like that good of a deal. But looking in the real world pricing it's one of the lower price raptors with a 6.2 that I have found.

Wondering if this is a fair deal.

Thanks for reading and replying

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any records on the truck? 150k miles doesn’t scare me if the truck is tight and the records indicate it’s been taken care of properly.

I have a 2010, 120k when purchased and the owner had EVERY single piece of paper, original sticker, records of the every single service always at Ford, etc. Mint. Spent 30k and had buyers behind me if I fell through.

Any records?

OP
OP
J

Jtai45

Reaction score
The truck is at a dealer so unknown history on how it was maintained. The vin shows it had a trans service at 105k but nothing after that point. At this point I'm going to have to assume it needs service to be up to date.

ugliestdrivingraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 is generally the least desirable year due to a myriad of issues and upgrades to the following years. IMO this should be less than 20k. also check the shocks, see if 4wd works, with the vehicle running unplug the IWE vacuum lines and see if there is a vacuum on them. make sure all the electronics work.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 is generally the least desirable year due to a myriad of issues and upgrades to the following years. IMO this should be less than 20k. also check the shocks, see if 4wd works, with the vehicle running unplug the IWE vacuum lines and see if there is a vacuum on them. make sure all the electronics work.
Dude! It’s the OG of Raptors! Plus… white gauges . Love mine. But check everything @ugliestdrivingraptor says to check. And I’d take it to get it checked out by an independent. No records, I’d walk. You could be spending 1000s pretty quickly. Just MHO.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe check out the classifieds here in FRF for something you really want, records, references, etc. Just an option. Good luck to you!!