Adjusting 2020 Suspension Softer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I preferred the way my 2017 rode over my 2020. The 2020 is too stiff and not as good of a ride quality around town. Anyway to adjust the 2020 suspension to make softer/better ride?

Grizzly

Reaction score
Have you checked the tire pressure? When I drove my new 19 off the lot the dealer had 48 PSI in all the tires and it rode like crap. I run 32 all around and it's much, much better.

OP
OP
Begone

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PSI set to 33/34 around there. Not the tire pressure. Not a fan of this new suspension. Much prefer the suspensions on the 17-18's...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might be a problem with the shocks or the programming of the shocks. Mine rides like an old Caddy ...

OP
OP
Begone

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a problem with the shocks or the programming of the shocks. Mine rides like an old Caddy ...

I heard the newer suspension rides firmer. Doesn't ride terrible, just not as plush as the older versions.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard the newer suspension rides firmer. Doesn't ride terrible, just not as plush as the older versions.

I believe with the live valve it offers a little more control than before. Since the truck can continuously adjust based on conditions. This may be perceived as a firmer ride.

Still I think it’s probably the softest riding off road 4x4 package out there.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have learned a lot recently when I had shocks custom made for a Yamaha Raptor sport quad. All said and done, without changing the springs on the shocks (mine have three springs per shock), the ride quality can be changed significantly by somebody who knows what they are doing when it comes to valving, shims, nitrogen pressure, pistons, oil viscosity, etc... I'm guessing you could have somebody cheaply rework some of the internal components to soften things up for you pretty easily.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Begone

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet spot for me is setting the tire pressure to 31 and they get up to 32/33 currently. Rides so much softer. That’ll work for now.

Rddakota

Reaction score
I have a 2019 and love the ride! Tire pressure has the biggest impact on ride quality! 31 or 32 is the sweet spot I have found.