Adjustable upper control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sernas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While in the market for replacement upper control arms. I stumbled upon True Travel Dynamics. Had never seen much mention about them. Found some good reviews on the company. They offer 1.5” uniball uppers with 7/8” heims for frame mounts. These are adjustable as well so you can lockout the lower control arms. Best of it all is that they are made in the USA. Price point was a plus saving $400-$600 from other brands. So I decided to give them a try. I placed my order and received updates from the company on the process. They took about 3 weeks to get here since they are custom made and current crisis probably did not help. When I received them they were packaged nicely and was really impressed by the quality of them. They are normally powder coated gloss black but for a small extra fee you can choose a custom powder coat color as I did. Install was a breeze (although no instructions) but it is pretty straight forward. I used another manufactures instructions only did not follow their adjustment settings. As those can vary. Note in the picture you see a hex bolt and a 12 point bolt. They ship with a 10.9 hex bolt. I had a 12 point bolt sitting around but it was too short. One thing I would recommend is replacing the frame bolts on the UCA to a shorter one. This will let you install the bolts on thru the outside of the mount and not hit the spring. This will make it so you don’t have to remove the strut to adjust the arms. Here are some pics:

DDC3D6EA-CDBF-4D0B-8D63-C97B2303C8E0.jpeg

1AF0CA58-A05F-4E95-A754-BA87AE1E5093.jpeg

5202FA05-C87A-4479-B7AA-CEE20B0DD058.jpeg

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While in the market for replacement upper control arms. I stumbled upon True Travel Dynamics. Had never seen much mention about them. Found some good reviews on the company. They offer 1.5” uniball uppers with 7/8” heims for frame mounts. These are adjustable as well so you can lockout the lower control arms. Best of it all is that they are made in the USA. Price point was a plus saving $400-$600 from other brands. So I decided to give them a try. I placed my order and received updates from the company on the process. They took about 3 weeks to get here since they are custom made and current crisis probably did not help. When I received them they were packaged nicely and was really impressed by the quality of them. They are normally powder coated gloss black but for a small extra fee you can choose a custom powder coat color as I did. Install was a breeze (although no instructions) but it is pretty straight forward. I used another manufactures instructions only did not follow their adjustment settings. As those can vary. Note in the picture you see a hex bolt and a 12 point bolt. They ship with a 10.9 hex bolt. I had a 12 point bolt sitting around but it was too short. One thing I would recommend is replacing the frame bolts on the UCA to a shorter one. This will let you install the bolts on thru the outside of the mount and not hit the spring. This will make it so you don’t have to remove the strut to adjust the arms. Here are some pics:

View attachment 143629

View attachment 143630

View attachment 143631

these look pretty nice and for the price they look really good. I wonder if you could use another brands uniball dust cover. might have to drill and tap some small holes to mount the cover but would really keep those joints smooth.