Additional info on running 37's and stock fenders.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I'm running 37x12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T with a +25 offset. They rub ever so slightly on full lock. I never would have guessed it rubbed till I looked, that's how little they rub.

I still need to beat on the pinch welds ASAP. I love the look of 37's!

mootang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 37" KO2's on mid perch with hammered pinch welds and i can tell you you will also need to trim the fender as shown in this thread as well as a small portion of the bumper. I cracked my fenders on my first outing to the desert. not bad but they do have small cracks now. and my tires contacted the bumper on the left side and bent a small portion. all of it is barely noticeable but it did happen. nothing too serious but if I had known i would have done more trimming. Also, i have methods with the standard offset.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm running 37" KO2's on mid perch with hammered pinch welds and i can tell you you will also need to trim the fender as shown in this thread as well as a small portion of the bumper. I cracked my fenders on my first outing to the desert. not bad but they do have small cracks now. and my tires contacted the bumper on the left side and bent a small portion. all of it is barely noticeable but it did happen. nothing too serious but if I had known i would have done more trimming. Also, i have methods with the standard offset.

The bumper ? Can you please post pics ? I have never touch the bumper, or trimmed it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 37x12.50x17 Cooper STT pro's on stock wheels with mid perch and I have no rubbing at all. The hardest I've off-roaded so far with them in the past 1,500 miles I've had them was going ~70 down a beach. I really like them so far. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

mootang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DezertRacer here it is. I guess the tire got pushed up and as it was rotating forward it bent it down.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 261

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't see on the tire where it hit and rubbed . I have the same tires and run Methods with 0 offsets . No issues at all ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441769347.289295.jpg

mootang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see on the tire where it hit and rubbed . I have the same tires and run Methods with 0 offsets . No issues at all View attachment 68197

Idk. i don't see any other way that it could have bent right there. I'm thinking i compressed the suspension with the wheel turned and that's what happened.