Additional info on running 37's and stock fenders.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i like what you did there. Did you notes? You made him almost ballsracer instead of rabbitracer :ROFLJest:

Great job man, looks like you really went for it! Truck looks good with those tires.

Lol, ballsracer...
Looking good! That tire on a 0 offset method should clear with enough trimming. I took my truck out to the desert over Thanksgiving and had no clearance issues at all.
I did trim the sheet metal back at the rear lower edge, closest to the tire.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449099529.785001.jpg
Looking up from the ground.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449099580.126878.jpg
Side shot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449099711.517311.jpg
This shot may show that area s little better.

Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, ballsracer...
Looking good! That tire on a 0 offset method should clear with enough trimming. I took my truck out to the desert over Thanksgiving and had no clearance issues at all.
I did trim the sheet metal back at the rear lower edge, closest to the tire.View attachment 70802
View attachment 70803
Side shot.
View attachment 70804

Did you cut that lower corner of the flare or just the metal/body behind it?

jakehobbs

Reaction score
Lol, ballsracer...
I did trim the sheet metal back at the rear lower edge, closest to the tire.View attachment 70802
View attachment 70803
Side shot.
View attachment 70804

Thanks for those shots. Looks like I have just a bit more to go to get to where you're at and I will be less stressed.

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory wheel is a +34 . I run the Method roost with a 0" offset and 37 BFG K02's . Hammered pinch welds and some very Minor trimming . And they work great . I don't air the truck over 4-5 jumps but I do off-road it at 60+ mph View attachment 66461

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What perch setting are you on? Currently I'm on 37 bfg k02's, methods, low perch no trimming and theres no way I can offroad like this. rubs hard on any 3/4 or more turns.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What perch setting are you on? Currently I'm on 37 bfg k02's, methods, low perch no trimming and theres no way I can offroad like this. rubs hard on any 3/4 or more turns.

Mid perch setting , from what you posted you have also not done your pinch welds either correct ? once you do those that will gain you another 1" plus pushing the fender liner back and keeping it secured with a self tapping screw if you don't want to trim .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 10.25.38 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 10.25.38 AM.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 10.32.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 10.32.07 AM.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 149

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been covered many times but I haven't seen this covered before. I recently picked up a new 13 and like my 11 was not going to be happy with the stock 35's or wheels. I immediately ordered up some Method DS and Falken wildpeak 37's.

e63 has been successful in running 37's while doing some hardcore offroading. However, he's running stock offset wheels. As many know, the methods are a 0mm offset and push the tire out further of the wheel well. This will result in the tires making contact with the upper fender and damaging the fenders during jumps or highspeed g-outs. This happened on my 11. It shifted the fender up into the A pillar and cracked the fender.

Along with the typical mods to run 37's, I did the following while the fenders flares were removed:

Trimmed the flare like so:
null_zps03f63d1d.jpg

And trimmed the fender:
null_zpsd143f79d.jpg

These 2 modifications prevent the tire from making contact with the fender or the flare and causing damage. There is a slight gap between the fender liner and the flare.

After going out into the desert, I can say these mods allowed me to run the stock fenders with 37's and off road it hard.

Full tuck with no damage:
Untitled_zps5de7e787.jpg

If you look closely you can see the tire is tucked up and above the flare line. Good thing I trimmed!

Any chance you have updated pics of this you can share, planning on going 37s and would love to have better pics of the trimming that needs to be done.

Thanks!!!

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance you have updated pics of this you can share, planning on going 37s and would love to have better pics of the trimming that needs to be done.

Thanks!!!

Bigg50 I'd be in for new pics too. You put a lot of miles on your rig so an update would be invaluable, especially with the holeshots you are running now it looks like over on expedition portal.

TIA, DP