Adding Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Everready

Reaction score
I am adding an amp and sub to my 2018 802A with B&O. I have a JL Stealthbox with two 12's and a JL HD750-1 to go in it. I need a LC2i and the green Digikey plug to make it happen. I probably will add a remote level control knob as well. Do you carry any of this stuff.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do your research.....with the B&O...the LC2i is not going to work well.

The problem with B&O systems is the factory bass management is built into the amp (made by sony). So no matter what you do.....as you turn the volume up, the bass will go down to protect the factory speakers.

With a B&O system, you are just burning money trying to add subs, or speakers without replacing the factory amp. In order to do this, you have to buy the ZEN A2B. The good news is......the ZEN A2B gives you a pure digital signal perfect for building your system.

Minimum to upgrade....ZENA2B + Amp + Speakers (sub us optional, but really required). trust me. trying to half ass it with just an LC2i and what ever you have now is not going to end well.

Plenty of information in a few threads. Here is my build.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/it-is-done-started-my-b-o-replacement-stereo-install.68874/

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The 2017 was much more friendly to ‘just add a sub’ to get started, but the 2015 F150 Sony system, carried forward through 2017 at least had that going for it.

Even so, if you did it, you did end up with more bass and it did sound 100% better, but, all the bass in the world won’t make up for a cr@p mixing strategy which is exactly what Ford did. If I’m being honest, the Raptor stereo ranks 7th from the bottom of vehicles I’ve owned. 3 of the ones below it had AM only radios, the remaining 3 were from the 70’s. The front stage was just noise in the same sound frequencies as music; rhythm tracks were completely trampled.

I hated spending the money, but pulling the amp and speakers after doing the sub was probably the best mod money I spent.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hated spending the money, but pulling the amp and speakers after doing the sub was probably the best mod money I spent.

2 years after I did mine and I am so happy i did it. it had been 20 years since i did a full aftermarket system, and it reminded me how sh!tty even the most expensive factory units are.

TexZen

Reaction score
I have a never used (sold my Raptor) NAV-TV ZEN-A2B I'm willing to part with if you decide to go that route...