Adding BO Amp to 801a truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it possible?

So I have an 801a went cheap - which I am really regretting.
Anyway with the base radio, any way to add the B&O amp to the existing system?
anyone know what would be needed?

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only thing redeemable about the B&O amp is that it maximizes what you get out of the of crappy speakers that come with the B&O package.

Is NavTV required on an 18' and up if you don't have the B&O package?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only thing redeemable about the B&O amp is that it maximizes what you get out of the of crappy speakers that come with the B&O package.

This is incorrect. The amp IS THE PROBLEM. Yes, they are crappy paper speakers. But the problem is the lack of power.

When I was doing my system, the last thing i did was the door speakers. I drove around for 3 days with the factory ****** door speakers connected to my 600 watt JL Audio amp. It was not terrible. Sounded 10x better then they did with the crappy 35 watt B&O amp.

To little power is the worse thing you can do to a system.

Is NavTV required on an 18' and up if you don't have the B&O package?

Negative....but you will still need it's sony equivalent to get signal to the amps.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A better place to research this is the F150forum. IIRC, you don't need a DSP, but you may want one.

You need to go into Forscan and make a few changes if you use a DSP.
There are also some Amp setting in Forscan you might want to change.

OP
OP
ron.bumpus

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the difference and what I am asking, I want to stay stock, ( as much as possible) already changed speakers the "all seats / Driver" sound, sounds like crap. I do not want to go through and change everything. I was just curious if anyone knew if it was possible to add B/O amp to existing 801a radio. and if it was possible what wold be needed

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'd be a waste of time and money to add the B/O amp, you should just go aftermarket. You say you want to stay stock, but 801a doesn't come with B/O so it's not STOCK. You'll be spending money on a system for VERY minimal performance where you could better spend that money to get truly better sound. Trust me, I have the 802a package and the B/O system is weak. I've owned the truck almost a month and I'm ready to rip it out already.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with Chris, I'd send you the B&O I ripped out, but it's not worth it. A simple AMP upgrade will only take you a couple hours, and will be cheaper than integrating the B&O POS