Adding a second raptor to the family, which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A family member is looking to add a raptor to the family after seeing mine in action. Wondering if I could get some insight and a finger in the right direction when it comes to the two trucks below.

2019 Ford raptor 802A carbon fibre and exterior decal package.

- 27500km which is 17,180 miles

78,520$

Or

2018 Ford raptor 802A no extras 10k less sticker.

- 20,000 km which is 12,500 miles.

74,917 Canadian

price difference between the two trucks is 6k ish Canadian. 18 has lower miles but the 2019 is well... a 2019 that has a lot more options.

looking for suggestions on which route to go from the raptor guru’s.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would check for phasers - start it up after sitting overnight. Listen for rattle at start up.

Oh yeah, don’t order it out of province lol

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Harvey Singh over here influencing all of Winnipeg to get a Rap, one wheat field jump at a time!

If the build date on the '19 is newer than April I would heavily lean towards that one to avoid cam phaser issues. Also the '19 will have live valve shocks, I haven't driven them back to back but it is big leap forward in technology and has a lot of benefits.

Lastly, '19 + fully loaded = higher resale value in the future if that matters to your friend.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Harvey Singh over here influencing all of Winnipeg to get a Rap, one wheat field jump at a time!

If the build date on the '19 is newer than April I would heavily lean towards that one to avoid cam phaser issues. Also the '19 will have live valve shocks, I haven't driven them back to back but it is big leap forward in technology and has a lot of benefits.

Lastly, '19 + fully loaded = higher resale value in the future if that matters to your friend.

Dealer ended up offering 7200$ Of a difference. So now it’s lower miles and no live valves and no carbon fibre/decals vs a higher mileage 19 at a 7200$ difference

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 18 sounds like a decent truck, but check the inservice date, she might be close to being out of the 3 year warranty.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
aren’t those prices a bit high?
what’s available new?

Valid point. Those are Canadian dollars, but regardless, used prices are very high right now. I’m guessing new 2020’s may be getting scarce since they’ve been out of production for a while now.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest the Ford Raptor truck as the animal and bird do not make great pets