Add wireless Carplay to Gen2 Raptor for $85.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may have already been discussed before, but I picked up this wireless Carplay adapter on Amazon for $85.00 and it works perfectly in my 2017 Raptor. I did have an issue with connection at first, but followed the instructions to update the firmware, and that fixed the issue. From the time I start the truck until Carplay is ready is about 15 seconds and the phone never has to leave your pocket.

52051505130_7889932123.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QJXQRPB/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not selling, just passing the info that it works fine with our trucks. Click Amazon link above to buy one.

Coastal

Reaction score
@Shark do you have any issues with Pandora skipping and replaying the first 1-2 seconds of a song every time a new song autoplays? I got the Carlinkit for ~$90 and the connection is great. All other apps are great, but Pandora and I can't figure out why it does this...

Raptormts

Reaction score
My Iphone connects to the stock CARPLAY wirelessly w/o problem. You may need to re-Connect of update carplay. No need for addl. outside equipment.

Yeti Rojo

Reaction score
My Iphone connects to the stock CARPLAY wirelessly w/o problem. You may need to re-Connect of update carplay. No need for addl. outside equipment.
I didn't think this was possible on the Gen 2?

If you're connecting wirelessly to CarPlay, how? Like the OP I have to use a dongle to connect my iPhone wirelessly.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice… might have to pick one up. Question… will it allow the use of navigation wirelessly? Thank you.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like it's dependent on the batch you get from Carlink, I got two separate wireless carplay kits from them, updated firmware, and never got either to last more than 2 weeks before I encountered countless connectivity problems. Others have had no problems at all, so buyer beware.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The options listed are for 17-22 model years. I’ve got a 2016 that didn’t come with CarPlay. However, I replaced the USB interface with one for a 2018 Focus. Hoila, CarPlay. So, guessing it should work for me. If not, I can use it in my wife’s 2018.