ADD stealth fighter rear bumper rusting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This bumper is 18 months old and rusting in spots. Anybody else had similar issues? Maybe it was a bad batch of paint. It’s unfortunately out of warranty and I’m waiting to hear back what I should do. I have the front bumper and it is fine.
dfb9ae50addae363260e5fa4aae82c3e.jpg
52f59107b29b9cded2097570e56337b2.jpg6fc7a033b17d5242e8e4750fecec72cf.jpg
I haven’t had any issues with either of mine! We have road salts galore too during the winter where I live.

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues with either of mine! We have road salts galore too during the winter where I live.

With that being said.. it looks like we have ADD following this thread.

ADD— could you give us some recommendations on bumper care? I’m sure you’ve mentioned it before. preventative type maintenance would help I imagine. Thx

Reaction score
With that being said.. it looks like we have ADD following this thread.

ADD— could you give us some recommendations on bumper care? I’m sure you’ve mentioned it before. preventative type maintenance would help I imagine. Thx

Really just keeping metal clean will help, when it gets salty from the roads, muddy, etc, hose it off. Take care of them just like the rest of the truck. Just like the body of the truck, when the bumpers get chipped, hit, damaged, etc. Touch up those areas so they do not rust & spread.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was interested in an ADD pro bolt on.
I like the way it looks and found it available locally here in the UAE.
We live on the coast - no more than a mile away. Its hot and humid in the summer.
Anything not galvanized or power coated will turn to rust by September.

I therefore should not get the ADD - because I don't have time/money to deal with rust.
Especially considering the cost of these bumpers.
And galvanizing isn't very expensive.
I galvanized my whole trailer (about 8 feet by 6 feet) for about $200.
I'm sure if I contracted them hundreds of trailers it would cost me $100.

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I saw this thread as I was set on ordering the Bomber... what a bummer. I’m not going to buy and do more prep work and additional coatings that should have already been done from the factory. It’s too bad, love the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have rust on my rear bumper on the inner recessed areas surrounding the license plate. Definitely never got scratched there for some reason this material gets surface rust just being exposed to the elements. I just have rustoleum black rust inhibitor I just spray on them and it covers it up and seems to do a better job than what they did from the factory.