ADD Pro front bumper question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was sitting here thinking that installing this bumper requires a frame cut. So, technically doesn't that total out the truck from an insurance and resale standpoint?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I was sitting here thinking that installing this bumper requires a frame cut. So, technically doesn't that total out the truck from an insurance and resale standpoint?

guess my truck is totaled. Time to take the payout from insurance, then buy it back at auction for 1/3rd of what it costs.

Thanks for reminding me!

:specialed:

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess my truck is totaled. Time to take the payout from insurance, then buy it back at auction for 1/3rd of what it costs.

Thanks for reminding me!

:specialed:

Personally I like the bumper and could care less. My wife on the other hand has questions and concerns should I get in a collision down the road at some point.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Personally I like the bumper and could care less. My wife on the other hand has questions and concerns should I get in a collision down the road at some point.

As far as insurance goes, that's different based on the state you live in from what I've gathered over the years.

As someone who has a frame cut bumper on my truck (front & back), the dealership offered quite a bit to buy it from me so it wasn't a concern for my local dealership.

Here is some back and forth on when frame cut bumpers becoming popular for GEN1's
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/debate-about-bumpers-35972/

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thing is that i don't know, and i don't want to stir up a hornets nest calling the insurance company to find out. That being said, I do really like the bumper. I'm not a fan of rear frame cuts though. The bed doesn't suit it imho. Tiny or minimalist rear bumper sure.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My thing is that i don't know, and i don't want to stir up a hornets nest calling the insurance company to find out. That being said, I do really like the bumper. I'm not a fan of rear frame cuts though. The bed doesn't suit it imho. Tiny or minimalist rear bumper sure.

You could call an insurance company that isn't yours and see what state laws are?

As far as the rear cut goes, it's nothing like the front. There are 3 holes on the frame that the bumper bolt to and you just trim off the bottom hole. But this is only if you want the dovetailed rear. I personally prefer the dovetail but it's not for everyone.

https://www.svcoffroad.com/product-page/2017-18-v3-rear-bumper

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How professional does one need to be to install the ADD Pro? And by that I mean is it best sent to a shop or can an experienced hobbiest handle it without too much fuss.