ADD Pro bolt on installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Put the lower skid over the top of the ADD bumper. Thats what I did, it looks just fine.

Not sure what to say about the ACC. I used the fab fours bracket and modified it a bit to sit a little different then the directions called for and I dont have any slack, nor did I need to reroute the wiring. I also didnt need a re-calibration after install.

Just put my pro bolt on this weekend as well. This seems like an appropriate thread to drop my 2 cents rather than start a new one.

1. buy beer(s)
2. drink beer(s)
3. Remove bumper and both skid plates (bumper plate and underneath plate). follow removal directions for the most part
4. Remove rubber shroud entirely (IMO). I kept the side shrouds and removed the large bottom shroud. It wasnt doing much anyways.
5. For what its worth, I got a fab fours ACC bracket and set it on the bottom-inside of the grill in between the grill face and the louvers. i removed two louver fins and mounted it below the R in the FORD grill. It fit great and worked with the factory ACC wiring location. I also didnt need to recalibrate the ACC after i finished installing it. $99 and an extra 15 minutes of elbow grease sure beats $280 or whatever the ADD bracket cost is.
6. Put it all back together.

If you look very closely, you can see the ACC module under the R in the larger opening at the bottom of the grill.

I havent done lighting yet... Not sure what route I want to go there.

All in all, between the wheels, tires, icon kit, bumper, acc bracket, and roof rack, it took me a leisurely 8 hours to get everything installed at approx 1 IPA/hour after a 2-beer warmup

View attachment 127311

That looks awesome. Just ordered my Pro a few days ago. Just need to get my truck shipped to me lol. I think I’ll do the RC amber DRL 20”. Prob won’t use it often. $189 and should last me through ownership.

OP
OP
M

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that rubber shroud needed at all. I discarded it due to the the honey badger directions and now awaiting the pro bolt on
I did eventually remove the whole center of the shroud too. It came untucked while on the trail

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those that did the install themselves....

is there a DIY for the ACC installation alone? I figure the bumper is easy. Also, this recalibration or the ACC, how does one do that?

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to point mine "down" a little further than it was mounted down low. It was "panicking" when passing an 18 wheeler on the left. It apparently throws out a cone shaped signal, so pointing it down a little decreases the range and side looking. I also run it at the shortest range. It really could be pointed down a little more, but it is a pain to get to it and change the angle. I did not have to re calibrate it. If you do, the dealer has to do it.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it has to be near as possible to the stock location it seems and not obstructed.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the baja mod bracket it is lower than the ADD bracket if I remember correctly. ADD relocates the adaptive cruise up high in the grill.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210520-131030_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20210520-131030_Edge.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 21

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is ridiculous is that this is a simple piece of steel or aluminum.

Wonder if its too low if I can just simply design another attachment myself from LOWES.