ADD Phantom Front Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
Pre-collision assist started going haywire. Would randomly flash the collision warning alert all the time. ACC stopped working intermittently as well.

Where did they have you remount your adaptive cruise control? I know on the earlier bumpers, it was on the passenger side....when I had some issues, ADD said there were two variations of the relocation kit and that earlier models had those issues. Also if it was on the driver side, did you mount it on the bottom or top of the mount?

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did they have you remount your adaptive cruise control? I know on the earlier bumpers, it was on the passenger side....when I had some issues, ADD said there were two variations of the relocation kit and that earlier models had those issues. Also if it was on the driver side, did you mount it on the bottom or top of the mount?
Mine was mounted lower portion driver side. Still a ton of issues

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the active cruise control be turned completely off so that there are no codes? I know this doesn’t fix the clunking but it may stop the codes.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can turn off the adaptive part and have regular cruise, but you’ll still get a light because the sensor is also involved with forward collision avoidance.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disliked what happened when I got an ADD bumper so much I sold my 22 raptor and got a 23 lol. The Truck likes things to remain in their stock position, and you're definitely going to have some headaches
So glad I have a base model to mod. ACC can’t screw up… if you don’t have it. Based on what I’ve read here, our 2023 802A is gonna stay pretty stock other than a bumper mount light bar.I’ll contain my mods to my 2019, it’s basically an XLT Raptor.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has experience but I’ll ask here anyway. Would it be ok to drive around without the front bumper for a day? Would front collision avoidance go bonkers?

…or would it be ok since I’ll have everything unplugged from the bumper?

OP
OP
W

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
I removed the remaining shutters and no more clunking. Works and sounds perfect now. I have 0 issues with adaptive cruise control.

You will get codes if you drive around with no bumper on. Collison, adaptive cruise control and parking sensors I velieve are a few codes you'll get

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the remaining shutters and no more clunking. Works and sounds perfect now. I have 0 issues with adaptive cruise control.

You will get codes if you drive around with no bumper on. Collison, adaptive cruise control and parking sensors I velieve are a few codes you'll get
Thank you for the update. I will remove all shutters during my install.