ADD Phantom Front Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
I have the ADD phantom front bumper installed and had the adaptive cruise control relocated into the driver side grille. I removed the shutters on the driver side and relocated the motor responsible for activating and deactivating the shutters zip tied and secured behind the new bumper.

I have recently noticed since its gotten hotter, my remaining shutters now open and close more. With this, I have a relatively loud clunk coming from the front grille area. Just curious if anyone else experienced this and what they did to correct it? Not sure if th3 clunk is the existing shutters or the missing ones.

Thanks

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you removed the motor the passenger side shutters are probably opening and closing on their own when you drive from the wind. I believe there’s only one motor that runs both sides.

I removed all my shutters when I installed the bumper.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Relocating the sensor was annoying. Every once in a while mine doesn’t like the position.

lawraptor

Reaction score
I disliked what happened when I got an ADD bumper so much I sold my 22 raptor and got a 23 lol. The Truck likes things to remain in their stock position, and you're definitely going to have some headaches

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Thank you for the honest feedback regarding this issue, I have been on the fence about getting a bumper and lights. I may just add som A pillar lights and throw some behind the grill or bumper mount and call it good. Good luck getting this issue figured out.

OP
OP
W

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
I have not had any other issues. Parking sensors, adaptive cruise control and everything work just fine. Truck hasn't thrown any codes. It's just simply a clunk noise which I'm sure are the shutters. Gonna take a look this weekend and I'm sure the issue will be fixed. Just didn't know if anyone had any input on a similar situation.

OP
OP
W

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
I disliked what happened when I got an ADD bumper so much I sold my 22 raptor and got a 23 lol. The Truck likes things to remain in their stock position, and you're definitely going to have some headaches

Do you care to explain what happened to your truck after you added the bumper?

lawraptor

Reaction score
Pre-collision assist started going haywire. Would randomly flash the collision warning alert all the time. ACC stopped working intermittently as well.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pre-collision assist started going haywire. Would randomly flash the collision warning alert all the time. ACC stopped working intermittently as well.
Mine has done the same. I’ve lost confidence that it won’t think it sees something and slam on the brakes driving down the highway. I’m thinking about putting my factory bumper back on…