ADD intercooler install; BOV dump/recirc line left open? Safe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bren5279

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, doing the ADD intercooler install (it’s Sunday so they’re closed otherwise I’d call them)

For those of you who’ve done the install, is it true we leave the BOV dump outlet wide open? (Not the capped intake line for the Air Intake that they have you install a cap over, but the other side).

Is it really a good idea to have the BOV outlet wide open like that so low? I’d be worried about water/mud getting in it....?

image.jpg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep that is how it is no issue. IIRC someone makes a BOV relocation pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wender85

Reaction score
I don’t think it would be an issue due to it being a blow off valve it is a one way valve if anything collects up at the base as soon as it blows off it’ll blow out in the way. I leave mine off and had no issues maybe someone on here might have a more educated response but that is my two cents hope this helps .

Stitch1618

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I also swapped mine original with an ADD, so I could fit a Warn Winch behind the bumper.
Had exactly the same question. Specially when driving though water etc.
To be sure i used the twist fittings from the original tube and created my own tube/hose that goes back up.
The issue was, that the radius is very small down where the valve is, when the plate is mounted back.
Had to find a hose material that is flexible allows an small radius still heat resistent etc.
full

Reaction score
Why did you choose the ADD intercooler? I'm trying to decide on one and the ADD is double the price of Garret and others. Unless you are doing the winch as well. I did want a BOV so I don't have to empty cans.

OP
OP
B

bren5279

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be sure i used the twist fittings from the original tube and created my own tube/hose that goes back up.
The issue was, that the radius is very small down where the valve is, when the plate is mounted back.
Had to find a hose material that is flexible allows an small radius still heat resistent etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. That or seeing if I could somehow rotate the exit of the BOV but it looks like it may be glued on there.
Itd be nice if ADD included an elbow and a pipe extension.

My biggest concern was if you went in Mud (where it could potentially fill up inside it n block the outlet)

Stitch1618

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest i picked the ADD because its one of the 2 Swarfworks recommends to use. Also some Browsing and investigating - it seemed the most favorable people where using. Only can add the Staff at ADD was more then helpful. Below the (not very Beautiful but functional) The recirc pipe on the BOV. As you can see very small radius.
Would be great if it would have a little elbow (as you mentioned).
View media item 14468