ADD front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody been running an ADD front bumper for a couple of years? curious how their powdercoat holds up. Been looking at a "Stealth fighter", wondering if I'd have to have it recoated before I mount it with a high perf. PC job with primer to make it hold up to rock chips etc better. Nothing stops it all, but good PC instead of mass production helps. A steel bumper with many chips would be a rust prob. after a while. Probably would also re-machine a couple of side light plates with oblong holes to replace the "Stealth fighter" logos machined into them....

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
854FB5F3-D766-4A7D-AACB-A5E136C2F8D6.jpeg Lol. I had the powder coat stripped and did a epoxy primer and then Bedliner. The powder coat they have had a primer under it. As for the stealth fighter plates, I used a 1/8” aluminum and cut it out to fit. I also run it without plates at all and looks pretty good. 417FD6EE-0928-4968-B771-C3A2050247F7.jpeg

Last edited:

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had my ADD front bumper on since 2017. bought a can of flat black spray to touch up chips. If I were to do it again Id have the bumper and attached skid plate line-x'd prior to install.

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine stripped and professionally powdered to match the black exterior. Wasn't cheap, but I live in the rust belt and I've read too many threads on here about rust problems.

OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine stripped and professionally powdered to match the black exterior. Wasn't cheap, but I live in the rust belt and I've read too many threads on here about rust problems.

my trucks black too, did you do gloss black? How’s it holding up? Appreciate the comments about LineX but not the look I want.

Codyw

Reaction score