How To Add cooled seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we use the newer factory cooled seats and just plug into our existing wires? Or is there more too it?

OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the parts I used are the ones that come on a 2012 or 2013. Which existing wires would you connect to?

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trevor thanks for the write up. Any chance you can list the parts you used? I would probably go with replacing the seat cushion instead of modifying. I have a 2010 with heated seats.

Also would you be able to point me to somewhere online to get the parts as I'm located outside the US?
Thanks!

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trevor thanks for the write up. Any chance you can list the parts you used? I would probably go with replacing the seat cushion instead of modifying. I have a 2010 with heated seats.

Also would you be able to point me to somewhere online to get the parts as I'm located outside the US?
Thanks!

I also have a 2010 and dont know what will interchange?

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to go down this road myself. Here in AZ cooled seats are the shit in the summer! I had seen the ducting in the floor and knew I could buy the ducting,blowers, and cushion foam. I however want to go one step further and get the switches in the dash just like factory. It would need some programming but should be able to use the as-built data from a 2012 with the cooled seats and get it to work like factory.

OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered from this web site: TascaParts.com

Here are the part numbers on the boxes.

Lower blower - 8A5Z-19N550-B
Back blower - 8A5Z-19N550-A

Ducts used in 2nd option
BC3Z-18D507-A
BC3Z-18D507-B

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered from this web site: TascaParts.com

Here are the part numbers on the boxes.

Lower blower - 8A5Z-19N550-B
Back blower - 8A5Z-19N550-A

Ducts used in 2nd option
BC3Z-18D507-A
BC3Z-18D507-B

Thanks Trevor. I take it I will need 2 of each if I want to driver and passenger seats. Also what about the seat cushions? Are there specific part numbers for them?