How To Add cooled seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I planned to carve the channels in the cushions for the ducts on the passengers seat to save the cost of replacing the cushions, but the ducts that arrived were different. I am assuming these are the ones made to go with the heated seats. These ducts get glued in on top of the heaters. The only hole I had to make was the large hole in the center off the blower.

This side does not seem to put out as much air as the others side.

Attachments

• 101_0085.jpg
    101_0085.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To make the large center hole, I clipped the seat blower on and traced out the inlet. Used an awl to poke a test hole on the edge of the cut out to confirm it would not cut the heater wire.

Attachments

• 101_0082.jpg
    101_0082.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut out the hole with a long utility knife. Not the smoothest cut, but it works. Sealed the seat blower to the cushion with hot glue.

After that, the duct gets glued on to the seat heater. Probably should not use hot glue here

Attachments

• 101_0083.jpg
    101_0083.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 116
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added a small fuse block/holder beside the factory one for all my aftermarket parts.

I added a relay for the seat coolers beside the interior fuse box. Relay is turned on when the ignition is turned on.

Attachments

• 101_0108.jpg
    101_0108.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just need to run a power wire from the relay to the seat blowers. There are several wires on the blowers. Only 3 are needed to operate them. Black for ground, red for power and purple to switch them on.

I have power to the red seat blower wire from the relay and a switch between the power wire to the purple wire to turn on and off. A potentiometer can be used instead of a switch to vary the speed. I think full speed is not enough. I just ran a ground wire to the floor and connected with a self tapping screw.

I hope that makes sense. If not feel free to ask questions.

With this set up, the switches can be left on and the seat coolers will turn on and off with the truck.

Attachments

• 101_0109.jpg
    101_0109.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 153

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience! As my truck hibernates when salt hits the road,your route would be the easiest and most practical for me. Been thinking about doing mine. You've motivated be to do it this summer.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the mod, but couldn't you have used the Heated seat Relay switch for power, by swapping out heated seat switch with the heated/cool seat switch for has? Or did I miss read how you hooked up the relay. Either case, thnaks for sharing the info & kudos for a great write up!

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool mod... I love my factory heated and cooled seats. Its nice to see that you found a way and made a how to.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job, what were the costs of the components?