ADD Chase Rack broke! But fixed ADD sent new motor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ good luck with your fix should be simple enough tho.

I see from your paper plate you live by me? I am in Simi Valley. If you ever want to hit up the desert let me know!

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ good luck with your fix should be simple enough tho.

I see from your paper plate you live by me? I am in Simi Valley. If you ever want to hit up the desert let me know!

Hello Murph145, they had a point after I reached out to ADD directly they gave me a troubleshooting guide. I have definitely confirmed it is the actuator so I'll be able to call them back tomorrow and they will hopefully send a replacement super easy to change out.

Yes, pm me that would be awesome! This weekend I have family stuff but next weekend and beyond would be great!

I have been to Pismo, Azusa Canyon, Gormon, and Santa Clarita mountains so far. I also joined the Raptor off road community and have a desert run scheduled sometime in May in Mojave I belive. But yea pm me I'd love to catch up with local frf members!

D

Deleted member 12951

Actuators suck on racks. I had one on another brand rack and the thing kept failing. Got tired of replacing it and it was a weak link due to the actuator holding up the light bar rack. Ended up removing the actuator and replaced with a manual bar that adjusts. Best thing I ever did while I had it.

Rack on the bed rails don’t last if you off road hard. Rail is too flimsy. Best if mounted to bed only but I wanted a tonneau cover too. Looks great for street use. I ended up removing it and sold it. Don’t miss it one bit.

I buy little things from Amazon but something like that, I always buy from FRF vendors and support the raptor community.

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actuators suck on racks. I had one on another brand rack and the thing kept failing. Got tired of replacing it and it was a weak link due to the actuator holding up the light bar rack. Ended up removing the actuator and replaced with a manual bar that adjusts. Best thing I ever did while I had it.

Rack on the bed rails don’t last if you off road hard. Rail is too flimsy. Best if mounted to bed only but I wanted a tonneau cover too. Looks great for street use. I ended up removing it and sold it. Don’t miss it one bit.

I buy little things from Amazon but something like that, I always buy from FRF vendors and support the raptor community.

Dang wish I had known that before I bought it because I do take her out pretty often. I am in love with the way the truck changed though. The guys at ADD hooked it up though and sent a new actuator I do want to get their honeybadger bumpers though. I am happy with their customer care.

I hear ya I'm just so used to using prime lamp but I do want to get that bed rack from forged offroad with the spare tires near the tail gate. But a little at a time lol.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Dang wish I had known that before I bought it because I do take her out pretty often. I am in love with the way the truck changed though. The guys at ADD hooked it up though and sent a new actuator I do want to get their honeybadger bumpers though. I am happy with their customer care.

I hear ya I'm just so used to using prime lamp but I do want to get that bed rack from forged offroad with the spare tires near the tail gate. But a little at a time lol.

You are on the right path by going to the Forged Offroad bed rack :)

However @RDFTS is right the rack will not hold up to much off-road abuse. We have seen that several times now with ROC members :(

We'll see you on Flight Run in May!

--

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are on the right path by going to the Forged Offroad bed rack :)

However @RDFTS is right the rack will not hold up to much off-road abuse. We have seen that several times now with ROC members :(

We'll see you on Flight Run in May!

--

Thank you I am really looking forward to the run!

I am installing my vhf radio this weekend. The only thing I have left to purchase is a good gps but I may stick with the backcountry app on my tablet for now.

Reaction score
I might have just had the same thing happen. I have the same rack. I had professionals put everything together. They Discovered the actuator switch was missing. Waited 2 weeks to get a replacement switch, it never arrived. I purchased a 6 pin momentarily rocker switch from the hardware store and followed ADD’s instructions exactly. The actuator worked great to extend the light bar. Went back out later to retract the lightbar downward and nothing happened.

I’ll call ADD Monday, but have a few questions as I’ve been dealing with them for a couple weeks trying to get the switch.

Did they say how much a new actuator is w/out warranty?

How difficult was it to remove the defective actuator and replace it with a new one? Any wires to clip/solder?

Thanks for the help!