ADD Chase Rack broke! But fixed ADD sent new motor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed my ADD Chase Rack (C115802800103 F-Series Race series) I got from Amazon and the actuator burned out already. All the wiring was done to the ADD instructions and I did not hold the motor on for extended periods of time. Checked the switch and got 12 volts checked the wiring on the actuator and got 12 volts. Even did a direct connect and no sound on the actuator. I honestly love this rack but can't belive a three thousand dollar rack would have a crappy actuator so dissapointed but hopefully Amazon will be able to have ADD send me a new actuator because I honestly love it and don't want to have to Uninstall it all just to return and exchange. OK rant over but seriously I thought ADD was high quality and I saved so long to be disappointed. I know I should have gone through ADD instead of Amazon but Amazon had it in stock and ADD is weeks of wait time. My impatience burned me once again.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my ADD Chase Rack (C115802800103 F-Series Race series) I got from Amazon and the actuator burned out already. All the wiring was done to the ADD instructions and I did not hold the motor on for extended periods of time. Checked the switch and got 12 volts checked the wiring on the actuator and got 12 volts. Even did a direct connect and no sound on the actuator. I honestly love this rack but can't belive a three thousand dollar rack would have a crappy actuator so dissapointed but hopefully Amazon will be able to have ADD send me a new actuator because I honestly love it and don't want to have to Uninstall it all just to return and exchange. OK rant over but seriously I thought ADD was high quality and I saved so long to be disappointed. I know I should have gone through ADD instead of Amazon but Amazon had it in stock and ADD is weeks of wait time. My impatience burned me once again.

Nothing wrong with buying from Amazon, you will actually get better customer service in the event you decide to return the rack. Hopefully you’re able to get the problem resolved quickly. I’m in the same boat with my ADD goodies, disappointed with quality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
YIKES. 3 large for a chase rack!

ok, I got that out, now it sounds like it’s just a bad actuator(s). If it’s just that part then see if you can track it down via ADD first, if they aren’t as helpful as you’d like, source an actuator and move on with life. Amazon will make you return the whole assembly for sure.

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with buying from Amazon, you will actually get better customer service in the event you decide to return the rack. Hopefully you’re able to get the problem resolved quickly. I’m in the same boat with my ADD goodies, disappointed with quality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Tomkirkland4 what are you disappointed in? I am looking to do the Honeybadger bumpers for front and rear in the distant future and hope I won't run into this again because i like the looks and rack itself so far just the actuator was a dud. I will keep you all posted on what happens with Amazon and ADD.

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YIKES. 3 large for a chase rack!

ok, I got that out, now it sounds like it’s just a bad actuator(s). If it’s just that part then see if you can track it down via ADD first, if they aren’t as helpful as you’d like, source an actuator and move on with life. Amazon will make you return the whole assembly for sure.

Hello sumurslayer, Right? That price includes my Rigid Cubes and KC hilights light bar I got on Amazon as well. But thank you tax refund lol. I did look up some actuators online as a last resort because I don't want to have to uninstall and ship back the whole rack just for an actuator held on by two bolts that easily replaceable just hoping ADD and Amazon can work out the replacement part. I will keep you all posted as I get more info.

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda funny you spent more time typing your post then calling ADD and see whats up...I had a hardware issue with SDHQ and one quick phone call and had an apology and the needed hardware the very next day!

Hahaha you got me there I was ranting more than anything so bear with me. Well I discovered this after hours and reached out to Amazon first. They never called back so I will probably call ADD tomorrow morning.

Still dissapointed I found out that actuator is a 60 dollar part from China lmao. But at least worst case I can source a new replacement part.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see one review on Amazon for it.

1.0 out of 5 starsTerrible!!
March 17, 2017
Verified Purchase
Bought rack, actuator does not work. Now having to deal directly with the company who manufactures the actuator. Pay shipping back to them so they can decide if it a warranty issue. The thing never worked, it has a loose wire under the rubber coating on the motor. If you push on the wires where they enter, motor will run, but as soon as you let off it stops, and they are not sure it's a warranty item. Terrible!!

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see one review on Amazon for it.

1.0 out of 5 starsTerrible!!
March 17, 2017
Verified Purchase
Bought rack, actuator does not work. Now having to deal directly with the company who manufactures the actuator. Pay shipping back to them so they can decide if it a warranty issue. The thing never worked, it has a loose wire under the rubber coating on the motor. If you push on the wires where they enter, motor will run, but as soon as you let off it stops, and they are not sure it's a warranty item. Terrible!!

Well I'll be damned that's the same issue I have. Maybe I should just take the actuator apart and see if any wires need to be resoldered might be the easiest fix.