Add Apple Carplay to Gen 1 Sync 1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear back up camera works.

you don’t use your factory mic for the phone. i hid the aftermarket mic to the lower left of the wheel behind that vented section. seems to work ok.

on my 2011 there is some minor dash trimming required.

i started the install. realized the cutting was NOT for the faint of heart and brought it to my local stereo pros.

i watched them trim it up and it wasn’t that bad.

is it reversible? it seems nothing that is cut is mission critical. but i’m no expert. just plastic gets trimmed. and that’s toward the top of the opening. all covered up when assembled. nothing structural. but i wasn’t going to be the one to do it.

helpful?

:)
I concur with everything heybear said. i did the install myself and aside from the factory sub not working i'm completely satisfied. There is no cutting of any wires so everything is reversible, except the trimming of the dash and that is minimal. i think i posted some pictures in the thread i linked to a few posts up. I've had mine in for a few months now and have no issues. I'm in the process of upgrading speakers, amps, sub and DSP so the subwoofer thing wasn't an issue for me. Really liking the apple carplay though. so much nicer for navigation